The North America Credit & Collections Manager will be responsible for managing and driving Credit & Collections resources and strategies in order to accelerate cash flow by ensuring timely collection from our customers. This person will oversee both the North America and Latin America portfolio, along with being responsible for controlling expenses (has budget) and ensuring compliance with internal controls, SOX requirements, and our Code of Conduct. This role requires a delicate balance with maintaining customer relationships while driving key finance performance metrics.
- Establishing regional Credit & Collection strategies in terms of risk management and collections. Decide the actions to achieve the strategy and KPI targets. Set the targets for the divisions/countries.
- To contribute establishing company Credit & Collection policies/procedures and implementing policies/procedures in North America and LATAM.
- Managing in house and third party Collections resources in North America and LATAM to maximize cash flow through accounts receivable turnover. Achieving the KPI (cash flow, DSO, overdue , bad debt) targets through managing the teams. Performing ad hoc and monthly Credit and Accounts Receivable reviews with the countries to monitor.
- Managing in house and third party deductions and adjustment team for accurate and timely processing of deductions/adjustments, for charge back and collection of incorrect deductions.
- Working with the Credit & Collections analysis/reporting group to ensure key performance indicators are measured and reviewed monthly and analysis on KPIs performed regularly.
- Identifying and working on customer accounts that may have bad debt risk to minimize the risk. Working with Credit Risk resources to minimize the customer portfolio credit risk and minimize bad debt expenses.
- Communicate and collaborate with division sales, division finance, functional areas, and Credit & Collections personnel to accelarate collection, mitigate risk and maximize profitable business opportunities.
- Leading/conducting regional Credit &Collection improvement projects.
- 8+ years of Credit & Collections expereince
- 2+ yeears of direct management expereince
- Financial knowledge to read and asses financial data
- Accounting knowledge
- Highest level of integrity and ethical standards
- Fluent in English
- Outstanding leadership skills with the ability to lead, persuade, and influence
- Strong organization, prioritization, and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and Excel skills
- SAP knowledge
- Ability to travel
Requisition id: 26607