This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow, and be a part of a first class organization working on complex, leading edge enterprise network security. Position is responsible for providing engineering services in support of an enterprise-wide environment in one of the Federal Government’s largest civilian agency. Emphasis of the position will be on providing development support to the government client and enable design, development, and implementation for applications.
Description of Work:
- Provide development support to the government client and enable design, development, and implementation for applications.
- Participate in the full life cycle of an agile project and design and develop user interfaces/applications and conduct testing
- Understands the business problem statement, user scenarios, and technical constraints
- Plan for and conduct implementation activities
- Participate in planning, retrospectives, demos and daily stand-ups
- Continuously develops knowledge and skills on pertinent systems
- Perform thorough unit and functional testing of the code to ensure high quality bug free code
- Provide weekly and monthly status to the management
- Develop presentations in MS PowerPoint and conduct briefings to project stakeholders
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
- Become knowledgeable on the HIPAA policies and procedures for the program and ensure awareness of HIPAA breach process. Understand your role in HIPAA compliance and be able to execute that role in an effective manner
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 14 years of experience, Master’s Degree and 12 years of experience or 18 years of related experience in lieu of a degree
- 3+ years of experience with agile development (preferably SAFe), Test Driven Development
- 3+ years of experience in web-based technologies, object oriented development, Java/J2EE development and best practices
- 2+ years of experience using the IDEs like RAD, RSA, Eclipse along with GIT and SVN Version Control
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Position of Public Trust, U.S. Citizenship OR U.S. Permanent Resident Status (Green Card Holder) required
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Prior Social Security Administration (SSA) experience
- 3+ years of Java or Java J2EE experience
- Experience with relational database systems including PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, and DB2; and writing complex SQL queries
- Experience with popular Node.js web frameworks and/or utility libraries such as: Express, Hapi, Underscore/Lodash, Async, Bluebird, and Grunt.
- Strong proficiency working with database systems such as MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, and/or PostgreSQL.
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience with React.js frameworks (e.g. Redux)
- Experience with ECMAScript 6
- Experience with designing and developing distributed systems
- Experience with microservices and respective architecture design principles and scalability best practices
- Experience with Container Technologies Docker - (swarm, compose)
- Experience with scheduling and orchestration technologies (kubernetes, zookeeper, etcd, consul)
- Experience in creating API design/technical documentation (Raml, swagger)
- Experience in using debugging and observability tools for live systems dtrace, strace dtruss
- Experience in post-mortem analysis of a node process
- Experience in messaging protocols such as AMQP (Rabbitmq, Kafka, Nats).