We are looking for NOC Specialist (IP 2) for our client in Melbourne, FL
Job Title: NOC Specialist (IP 2)
Job Location: Melbourne, FL
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- The Network Operations Specialist is a member of a team environment providing Network Operations support to Mission Critical services spanning the contiguous United States.
- Methodically performs root cause analysis to determine a plan of action for restoring customer?s services
- Operate across a myriad of internal teammates and external telecommunication partners to follow-through with operational processes and improve restoration times
- Facilitates coordination with our user community, a field services team, and telecommunication partners for both Break/Fix actions, as well as Change Management activities
- Thorough documentation in Trouble Tickets and Change Requests of all related activities
- This position is part of a 24x7network control environment. Shift and workday flexibility is required.
- Associates Degree or work experience in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Systems, or Networking
- Domain knowledge of L1 through L4 of the OSI Model
- Understanding of L2 and L3 protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, IBGP, EBGP, IS-IS, and MPLS
- Familiarity with the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Network Management System (NMS) applications used to monitor networked devices
- Knowledgeable in Long Term Evolution (LTE), VPN, and DMVPNtechnologies
- An understanding Knowledge Management practices and familiarity with the Wiki Markup Language
- Bachelor?s Degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, or Networking
- Industry certification such as CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, and ITIL v3