?We are looking for NOC Specialist 2 (IP 1) for our client in Melbourne, FL
Job Title: NOC Specialist 2 (IP 1)
Job Location: Melbourne, FL
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Provide technical support for IP services for a private network. Support requires physical layer data link network layer knowledge.
- Monitor, analyze and troubleshoot network problems within an operations center utilizing network management and monitoring tools.
- Monitor the alarm conditions on the network to proactively identify and minimize disruption and impact to the network.
- Employ test methods to analyze channelized/unchannelized T1 and T3 utilizing DACs equipment
- Utilize test methods to analyze/troubleshoot Ethernet; IP; Frame Relay; ATM; WAN; LAN
- Work with Local Exchange Carriers ILECs IXCs to resolve WAN problems
- Work with onsite technicians remotely to resolve local issues
- Expertise in remote maintenance and repair of the following network equipment is preferred: Cisco, Sycamore, and APC.
- Resolve problems using internal and external groups as needed to correct trouble on the network and interact with the customer.
- This position is part of a 24x7network control environment. Shift and workday flexibility is required.
- Bachelor?s degree in Telecommunications Engineering, Networking, Information Technology or related field.
- Domain knowledge of data protocols including TCP/IP, Frame Relay, and ATM
- Understanding of router protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and RIP.
- Thorough understanding of signaling protocols, TDM framing/timing, IP based networks and SONET infrastructure.
- Cisco networking equipment knowledge; CCNA preferred.