Responsible for providing 7/24 Tier II technical support on transport technologies monitored by the Network Operations Centers and maintained by Region Technicians. These technologies include but are not limited to SONET, DWDM, ROADM, Digital Cross-Connects (DCS), multiplexer, channel banks, network timing (BITS), DLCs, and Packet Optical equipment. The Specialist NOC III is responsible for directing service incident restoration, engaging vendor support as required, and performing activities related to outage mitigation.
- Provide remote technical support to Network Operations Center Specialists and Region Operations Technicians.
- Direct transport network outage restorations and engage necessary resources to minimize impact.
- Provide technical assistance for First Office Applications (FOA).
- Provide technical assistance with incident review and outage analysis requests to determine root cause and future prevention.
- Provide technical assistance for vendor cross-functional meetings, reviews, and planning sessions.
- Provide remote or on-site technical training to peers, NOC teams, Region Operations Technicians, and publish support bulletins/job aids.
- Manage transport network element software levels.
- Minimum 5 years telephony network provisioning/maintenance, installation and repair experience required.
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology/Computer Science, Business Management or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Working experience in central office maintenance, central office equipment installation, network engineering, network provisioning and or Tier I technical support.
- Proficiency with numerous transport network technologies including but not limited to Tellabs DCS, Tellabs 7100 ROADM, Ciena (Nortel) SONET, Fujitsu SONET, EMS, DLC, MUX, Symmetricom timing (BITS), and Packet Optical transport.
- Able to work flexible hours and be a part of an on-call rotation for off-hour/weekend support.
- Ability to handle and prioritize outage and network issues efficiently and effectively.
- Able to think and react appropriately to network outages, make necessary provisions to ensure the least impact on our customers during network down situations.
- Strong communication, leadership, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to document and articulate technical recommendations to a variety of audiences and skill levels.
- Self-motivated, innovative problem solver capable of working independently.
- Skilled in the operation of personal computers and accessing a variety of remote computer systems.