About the position
This position offers the right candidate an opportunity to participate in two of the fastest growing segments of the Internet – SaaS and the Cloud! Get in on the ground floor at Everbridge, the market leader for Incident Management and Communications solutions.
The Network Operations Center (NOC) team plays a critical role in ensuring that Everbridge platforms are highly available through proactive system monitoring including verification of the integrity, availability and performance of the production environment.
Our team is expanding and we are looking for a teammate with a positive attitude who is committed to the success of the overall team and highly motivated individuals to join us in our new state of the art Network Operations Center in Burlington, MA. If you love taking risks, always pursuing new ideas, enjoys troubleshooting technical complex issues, then maybe it’s you!
Work 4 days Wednesday – Saturday, from 6 am to 5 PM ET, and have 3 days off.
What You Will Do:
- Identify, troubleshoot, and leverage all available resources to resolve production related issues and communicate issues tointernal teams/management asrequired.
- Issues to be resolved require a broad range of troubleshooting skills related to: software functionality, application/web server configuration, database management, and third party dependencies.
- Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform problems as well as collaborating with internal teams to diagnose and prevent problems from occurring again.
- Look for automation opportunities in troubleshooting and administration tasks
- Assists with knowledgebase articles and procedures. Provides documented resolution information with team members so that future issues are resolved faster.
- Utilize monitoring tools and assist in the creation of pro-active monitoring practices to ensure system availability, functionality, and performance 24/7.
A successful NOC Engineer will demonstrate a general understanding of the technology utilized by the company; be able to describe and communicate basic technological concepts and terminology; apply standard IT technology in daily work; possess effective communication skills and have the following -
- Desire and aptitude to investigate and learn about new technology and troubleshooting processes.
- Have the ability to utilize a high degree of creativity, analytical thinking and initiative
- Have at least 3 years’ experience of working in a 24x7 mission critical Network or Technical Operations Center environment either as a NOC Engineer or Systems Administrator
- 3+ years of strong experience maintaining, managing and monitoring remote servers running Linux/Unix production environments
- Experience with enterprise class monitoring/management systems (e.g. Nagios, Cacti, Alertsite, DataDog, etc.)
- Have experience with basic networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, V-Lans, NTP, TCP/IP, FTP, Firewalls
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with systems automation (e.g. Puppet/Chef/etc.)
- Proficient in one or more scriptinglanguages: such powershell, bash or programming languages such as Python, Java,or PHP
- Experience with virtualization technologies
About the company:
Our people, solve problems. Our product, saves lives. Our purpose, to keep people safe and business running.