Single Digits is a leading global provider of High Speed Internet Access (HSIA) management and support solutions, guest management software and technical support services. We offer a complete guest HSIA solution, including components of IP network design, engineering, professional services, ongoing maintenance, networking monitoring, multi-lingual support, revenue reporting and authentication tracking.
Our innovative Business Access Portal (BAP) empowers properties to tailor their HSIA to the unique needs of a variety of industries, including hospitality, property management, health care, government, education, travel and more. Thanks to our managed service business model, our clients are able to boost revenues, strengthen customer loyalty and better promote their own brands without capital expenditures.
About the Position:
Daily duties and responsibilities include: troubleshooting with property IT resources or conference attendees to resolve connection issues, documenting and tracking all troubleshooting completed within the ticketing system, and recognizing and resolving larger network issues.
The NOC position also has the following responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot network issues pertaining to installed equipment at an intermediate to advanced level
- Work escalated Support tickets that require advanced product/solution knowledge or that require on-site labor or hardware replacement (“break-fix”), in such a way as to reduce Mean Time to Resolve (MTTR) and improve the overall customer experience
- Partner with Support Group Lead (SGL) to communicate technical issues and updates to customers
- Procurement and coordination of subcontract techs to perform hands & eyes support for break-fix
- Identify trends that are affecting call volume, MTTR, other business performance, or customer experience, and to provide that data and any recommendations to the NOC Manager for review and action
- Partner with Support Supervisors to observe, coach, and mentor junior Support employees
- Recommend, document, and help ensure compliance of standards and methods, process & procedures (MP&Ps)
- Properly prioritize and balance workflow
- Participate in regular technical and professional development as offered by SD or our vendors or partners, and to take personal responsibility to improve your qualifications, such as through maintaining and increasing certifications
- Become a Subject Matter Expert in each of the networking platforms that SD deploys and the associated software and standards associated with each deployment
- 6-12 Months in a Tech II position (or equivalent)
- NET+, CCent, CCNA certificates or equivalent experience
- Will consider people actively pursuing these certificates
- Track record in technical troubleshooting
- Demonstrated soft skills
- Basic RF comprehension
- Knowledge of Wired and Wireless Networking protocols
- Previous education in Network Management a plus
This position requires a highly-motivated individual willing to work as part of a team in an exciting, fast-paced environment. Providing excellent customer service and maintaining a high level of professionalism at all times is expected. A proven track record of punctual and consistent attendance must be provided. Flexibility in scheduling a must; evenings and weekends.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Full Time Position
- Wages commensurate with experience
- Vision discounts.
- Domestic Partner benefits.
- 401(K) with a company match.
- Voluntary Life/AD&D.
- Long Term Disability (LTD).
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Health and Wellness Program.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Holidays - 6 per calendar year.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)