NOC Engineer - RT
Waynesboro, Virginia 22980
This position provides in depth support of the Network Transport, IP and EthernetNetworks. The Engineer will have Extensive knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within at least one of the functional areas of the organization. The Position may operate with considerable latitude for unsupervised action or decision. May design, develop, test and implement all components, equipment, and software within the functional area of the organization. The position may perform administrative work relating to projects and assignments.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve problems affecting network performance that have been escalated and unresolved within the NOC teams
- Provide technical and analytical support in determining the root cause of network problems and implement action plans to resolve potential or active Network impacting issues.
- Performs analysis and studies to determine requirements, immediate and long-range plans and designs
- Acts as technical consultant within and outside assigned department in area of expertise; regarded as subject matter expert.
- Recommend solutions to correct network trouble issues and faults.
- Assist othertechnicians with their technical development in the use of monitoring tools, network structure and theory.
- Develop and Teach Classes to NOC Analyst I and II members to maintain highest level of technical knowledge on team.
- Provide assistance and support to other team member as required during critical outages.
- Utilizes high level of communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships
- Perform any other duties assigned by NOC supervisor or Manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. College degree in Engineering or a related field
2. 2-4years professional level experience; or 5+ years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experiencerequired.
3. Highly Proficient in TCP/IPnetworking to include but not limited to MPLS, BGP, iBGP, eBGP, OSPF, SNMP, UDP, IMAP, DNS, RADIUS (AAA), LDAP, NTP and SMTP.
4. OTN, ROADM, SONET, cross connect provisioning and signal grooming
5. Extensive TDM, SONET, Optical Fiber, CWDM/DWDM experience
6. Ethernet and Mobile Backhaul Experience is desired.
7. Experience TACACS, TACACS+, Radius.
8. Experience with various protection and switching methodology to include UPSR/BLSR
9. TL1 / SNMP and EMS/NMSexperience
10. CISCO and CIENA Transport Certifications
11. 2+ years troubleshooting higher level Network Hardware
12. 2+ years in network operations environment or related job.
13. Demonstrated highly motivated self-starter
14. Demonstrated strong research and testing abilities
15. Demonstrated analytical skills
16. Perform On -Call duties as necessary.
17. CCNA, JNCIA, Metro E CEF certifications desired
18. Present Salary?
19. Salary Expectation?
20. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?