NOC Engineer 673
La Mirada, CA
The company is hiring NOC Engineers for a growing, strong Engineering team in Southern California. This is not a technical support or Network Administrator role, you must have experience in the role of NetworkEngineer, providing support and maintenance to customers on networking equipment and networking protocols in an advanced environment. In this role, you will get exposure to diverse technical environments and become an expert, through training, education, and in a real world NOC on a variety of technologies.
The best candidate will have experience supporting 500+ users to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot routed and switched networks, including implementation and verification of connections to remote sites in a WAN.
Responsibilities and Required Skills:
- Troubleshooting and resolution, including interaction with site contacts, carriers, vendors, and internal senior level engineering group
- Monitoring the networks to detect and resolve problems and ensure uninterrupted operations of the networks
- Planning, evaluating and executing network maintenance activities
- Administering and configuring Cisco routers/switches, which includes implementing firmware changes, OS releases and other software upgrades
- Troubleshooting router/network performance problems
- Troubleshooting circuit problems T1 to OC192
- Preparing announcements for maintenance activities or network outages
- Communicating effectively via phone and e-mail with networkcontacts and vendors
- Prioritizing of multiple demanding events along with daily tasks
- Experience supporting external customer networks
- Hands-on experience with Cisco router configuration, management, and operations
- Must have experience with networking equipment and networking protocols.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Experience with optical transmission systems such as WDM
- Experience supporting H.323 video over IP networks is ideal
- CCNA or CCNP certification a plu