$80K — $100K *
The mission of the Federal Reserve System is to foster the stability, integrity, and efficiency of the nation's monetary, financial, and payments systems to promote optimal economic performance. Within this broad context the vital mission of the National IT Services is to deliver superior value to our customers through world-class IT services and solutions that are responsive to business needs, adaptive to change, and essential to the mission of the Federal Reserve System.
The Federal Reserve is developing a new interbank 24x7x365 real-time gross settlement (RTGS) service with integrated clearing functionality, called the FedNow service. This service will help enable financial institutions provide their customers with the ability to send and receive payments any time, any day, and have full access to those funds within seconds. This position is a unique opportunity to be part of a new mission-critical Federal Reserve initiative that will be transformative to the payments landscape in the United States.
The Cloud Engineer is responsible for developing conceptual, logical and physical IT engineering designs, that support the infrastructure requirements of varying levels of technical and business application projects. Completes analysis of business requirements, as it relates to technical infrastructure design, and ensure traceability of the design to the business requirements. Assesses testing requirements and prepares testing strategies, as well as preparing implementation and transition plans. Position requires a seasoned professional with a full understanding of industry practices. Requires a level of experience and proficiency in field.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Cloud Engineer will be accountable for:
• Working knowledge of architecture and design of solutions using cloud-based technologies
• Serving as a hands on technical Engineer to provide key technology on system project focused on development and implementation of strategic technological directives.
• Performs resolution of complex hardware, environmental software operating systems and subsystems.
• Oversees problem avoidance actions in the Cloud hosting environments
• Implement changes to business information and technical systems
• Analyzes and revises existing system logic and documentation as necessary
• May authorize risk level changes and recommend solutions to minimize and/or prevent system interruption
• Evaluates, recommends and selects new software/hardware
• Performs change and problem management using standard tools
• Ensures conformance and compliance with existing system standards. Measures performance to ensure proper operation
• Contributes to highly technical/complex projects utilizing FRIT/System staff and resources
• Follows and ensures adherence to technical standards for programming and design techniques.
• Trains System technical staff on use of software/hardware tools in accordance with required standards and procedures
• Monitors compliance with internal audit requirements and Information Security Manual guidelines
• Performs other related duties as assigned
4+ years with IT solution delivery engineering experience and hands on experience with public, private and hybrid cloud services including; planning, development, migration and integration of applications and services from on premises infrastructure to cloud based platforms –as-a-Service and infrastructure -as-a-Service.
Experience with Terraform, ARM Templates, Cloud Formations, AWS Config, AWS Inspector, Guard Duty, GitLab and Ansible.
Experience with enterprise public cloud platforms such as AWS and Microsoft Azure.
Certified in AWS/Azure or other cloud technologies.
Working Conditions: Will require the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc.
Physical Demands: Requires some degree of sitting (for prolonged periods of time), standing, lifting carrying, pushing, pulling more than 20 lbs.
Hours of Work: May require extended work hours. Occasional travel including overnight stays may be necessary. May be subject to on-call and call back as needed. May be exposed to moderate noise from equipment.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with 3-5 or 6 to 9+ years of relevant work experience.
*Denotes essential duties and/or any physical requirements required to perform essential duties for the role.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
• Pension plan fully paid by the Federal Reserve Bank
• 401K plan with generous match
• Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
• Commutation Assistance
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Onsite Wellness & Fitness Center
• Backup Dependent Care (Child & Adult)
• And more…
Valid through: 7/8/2020
$160K — $180K + all benefits