This $1.2 Billion project represents the design/build improvement of 16 miles of the existing I-405 freeway beginning at SR73 to I-605 of I-405. This project is managed jointly by the US construction firms OHL North America and Astaldi Construction Corporation, fully supported by our international parent companies, collaborating to form the joint venture OC 405 Partners established to improve infrastructure in Orange County, California.
OHL North America and Astaldi Construction Corporation are involved in infrastructureconstruction and management projects throughout North America.
The General Superintendent works in partnership with the Project Leadership to build a safe, high quality project. This position is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations in the field including: safety, quality, productivity, equipment management and subcontractor management. The Superintendent is responsible for the performance of multiple Superintendents, covering various areas of our $1.2 Billion Design-Build I-405 Project in Orange County, CA.
- Promote and enforce craft and subcontractors compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented
- Mentor and coach superintendents as it relates to company policies and procedures and work requirements
- Conduct and/or direct project safety meetings
- Supervise Superintendents assigned to area of responsibility and provide liaison between field engineering, estimating, and crafts to ensure compliance of construction with drawings and specifications
- Plan, coordinate and supervise crews and subcontractors on a daily basis. Activities include planning, organizing, directing and controlling methods of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, work schedule and reviewing documentations
- Inspect work areas to determine type of work required and materials and equipment to be used. Coordinate with construction manager to insure constant flow of materials
- Ensure that workers are supplied with tools, materials and equipment for completion of project.
- Assist in jobsite setup
- Resolve construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) ensuring project runs on schedule
- Maintain liaison with other departments (i.e., Material Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, Engineering) and directly report to Project Manager to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft activities and project schedule
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of local union or prevailing wage rules
- Ensure workers for each task are fully qualified to perform assigned duties
- 10+ years of Heavy Civil Constructionexperience, with at least 5 years in a management role responsible for the actions of multiple superintendents on site.
- Must be safety oriented; OSHA-10 and OSHA-30 Certification preferred
- Knowledge of union labor laws
- Previous Caltrans experience
- Familiarity with terms and conditions of Project Contracts, Subcontracts, and Purchase Orders
- Strong ability to read drawings and specifications
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
OC405 Partners and its affiliates are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected class.