General Summary of Position:
Employee will be responsible for attending sales calls, working with NI partners, NI Suppliers, structured cabling design, and estimating / quoting for Federal and State Government Opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building State and Govt relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Review and respond to RFPs (Request for Proposals) from Government entities.
- Provide pre-sales design and application support for all Voice and Data products.
- Provide post sales technical support to the sales organization and implementation teams.
- Assist the sales team and Pricing team in preparing customer quotes.
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations to technical and executive audiences.
- Limited travelrequired to attend trade shows and customer meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Written and Oral communication
- M-F 8-5 availability in office
- Ten years of sales engineering / estimating experience in a telecom vendor environment, in which primary responsibility was working with government contracts and/or RFPs Quoting and
- Estimating large structured cabling systems
- Solid understanding of structured cabling systems and their components
- Demonstrated proficiency working with software essential to the job, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Candidate must be proficient in Visio design software and PowerPoint presentations.
- Previous experienceworking with the federal E-Rate and Rural Health Care programs, State Contracts, and local government RFPs
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management skills, and written communication abilities
- Experience with Access Control, CCTV, Audio Visual, or Electrical design
- RCDD Certification
- CAD/Visio capabilities
- Government Clearances