$80K — $100K *
Look for more than answers:
As an NGS Scientist at Quest Diagnostics, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career that will provide you the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
At Quest, our R&D Professionals play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are research and development driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
This scientific professional will work on-site from our San Juan Capistrano, CA facility.
NGS Scientist, the role:
The NGS Scientist plans, prepares, conducts and records complex bench level molecular genetics experiments. This professional prepares reports and analysis of results as related to product/process development improvement. Activities may be focused individual projects or assignments as a member of a project team which may include project leadership duties.
· Develops, plans, conducts and records results from complex experiments within a specific product or technology area.
· Performs laboratory experiments following defined protocols and company procedures.
· Reports status of assigned projects through the preparation of detailed reports and documentation that summarize experiment results.
· Works within established parameters on individual assignments, on project teams for longer-term projects and as a technical leader to Assistant Scientists or Associate Scientists.
· Identifies problems, investigates alternatives and recommends possible courses of action.
· Maintains knowledge of technological developments that may assist in the completion of an assignment or lead to new products, processes or procedures by reading current literature.
· Effectively utilizes and applies advanced methods or technologies.
· Contributes ideas for new product development typically within existing markets.
· Responsibilities include working with infectious materials, supporting and complying with the company hazard waste handling practices.
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
· Experience with assay development involving PCR, DNA sequencing, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), microarrays, and/or third generation sequencing.
· Requires knowledge and skills normally acquired through the successful completion of an advanced degree (M.A./Ph.D) in Genetics, Molecular Biology or related scientific discipline.
· Requires at least 6 years of extensive industrial experience and significant demonstration of capabilities for a candidate with a Bachelor's degree, at least 4 years of relevant industrial experience with a Master's degree, or a Ph.D. with thesis.
· Experience in developing products under design control or cGMP/QSR is a plus.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as professional journals, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write complete reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively in one-on-one and small group situations.
· Ability to apply mathematical concepts to problem-solving situations.
· Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance and correlation techniques.
· Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in a variety of situations.
· Requires a thorough knowledge of related products and technologies gained through developmental experience in an academic or industrial setting.
Valid through: 4/17/2021
$80K — $100K
9 days ago