Asuragen is a fast-growing molecular diagnostics company that is using genomics to drive better patient management through best-in-class clinical testing solutions. The Company enlists a breadth of technologies and talent to discover, develop, and commercialize diagnostic products and services with efficiency and flexibility for better patient care.
The NGS Sales Specialist is a highly technical sales position that requires in-depth knowledge of the NGS marketplace and the ability to demonstrate technically credible knowledge in order to consult with customers.The NGS Sales Specialist will achieve sales and profitability goals within an assigned geographic territory while coordinating and strategizing on leads with assigned Territory Sales Managers.
- Achieve assigned revenue and profitability goals for a specific region
- Demonstrate technical credibility and a consultative solution based approach with customers focusing on the Asuragen NGS technology solutions and the delivery of technical presentations highlighting value propositions
- Partner closely with Territory Sales Managers to generate, qualify, and close NGS Sales
- Actively respond to inquiries from customers for further information on how Asuragen products can help in their laboratory
- Participate in the organization’s marketing activities including running of seminars, mini exhibitions and similar “on-site” activities at key accounts, conferences and scientific meetings
- Synthesize and communicate the results of customer feedback
- Maintain knowledge of competitor products and their commercial strategies
- Gather customer and technical information to aid in the effective targeting of marketing activities
- Utilize and maintain the CRMdatabase (SalesForce.com or similar) as directed
- Help develop a sales plan focusing on key targets and their execution
- Provide regular reports on customer inquiries and external activities
- Enable clinical labs evaluate, validate and go-live with Asuragen NGS offerings
- Engage technical pre-sales and implementation teams as appropriate in support of driving product sales and adoption
- Travel up to 70%; reside in assigned region
- Assist in group projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- BA / BS or equivalent; preferably in molecular biology or other related science
- Deep understanding of the next generation sequencing and in depth understanding of the diagnostic testing market, especially large clinical and reference labs
- experienceworking with NGS Data
- 3+ years prior molecular sales experience selling into labs and hospitals
- Strong technical presentation skills
Preferable Skills and Attributes:
- Understanding of large buying groups (GPO, IDN and VA)
- Strong experience in selling NGS, molecular oncology and/or genetic assays highly desirable
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of and executive relationships with the clinical lab market
- Strong interpersonal skills with focus on authenticity, self-awareness, and collaboration
- Strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction
- Ability to effectively work on and manage many priorities simultaneously
- Collaborative mindset and proven ability to work on a high-performing team
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and use of the internet
- Highly driven with a strong motivation to succeed
Asuragen is a molecular diagnostic product company changing the way patients are treated in oncology and genetics. Our diagnostic systems, composed of proprietary chemistry and software, deliver powerful answers using broadly installed instrument platforms. Asuragen is a product-centered company that rapidly and efficiently addresses current and emerging clinical needs in the fields of reproductive health, neurodegenerative disease, and cancer diagnosis and monitoring. Our best-in-class diagnostic tests are used throughout a patient’s lifespan by laboratories worldwide. Asuragen is located in Austin, Texas, which offers top-notch technology, educational, and business benefits.
Asuragen provides a competitive salary, medical, dental, disability and life insurance, a 401(k) plan with company matching, an employee bonus plan, and a tuition reimbursement plan. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Asuragen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.