Your Talent. Our Vision. At National Government Services (NGS), an independent subsidiary of Anthem, Inc. and one of the largest Medicare contractors in the country, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
National Government Services (NGS) is seeking Business Development Account Executives to enhance the company’s strategic efforts in driving new business within the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The Account Manager plays a critical role in developing strategies for entering markets; establishing accounts and establishing strong relationships with key customer stakeholders and decision makers. The Account Manager will drive strategic revenue growth in new organizations and new accounts in the existing CMS Healthcare IT market. The successful candidate will combine a career’s worth of understanding and awareness of the broad healthcare market with an intellectual curiosity to define and develop winning solutions for competitive government contracting opportunities.
Work Location – Baltimore, MD
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage a portfolio of contracts consisting of healthcare IT systems and services in the CMS market.
- Develop strategic and tactical growth plans to expand market share in the Federal healthcare markets. Manage an active and robust pipeline with opportunities identified and qualified to meet stated revenue targets.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop product and solution offerings for key CMS customers and agencies.
- Architect solutions, develop teaming strategies, derive staffing plans, prepare estimates for business proposals and author and review narrative proposals.
- Establish and maintain positive and long-lasting relationships with employees, peers, management, teaming partners, industry influencers, and CMS customers.
Business Development and Strategic Activities:
- Create strategic and tactical plans for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) market.
- Develop and lead innovative Proof of Concepts, pilots, or white papers that combine new technologies with emerging business needs in the CMS healthcare IT industry.
- Represent NGS’ solutions at conferences and tradeshows.
- Lead proposal development for new opportunities identified and qualified opportunities
- Present account status and overviews of opportunities to senior leadership.
- Work with Solution Architects, Business Development Leads and Capture Managers to develop solutions, deriving staffing plans, preparing estimates for business proposals and writing narrative proposals.
- Responsible for providing oversight of CMS contracts awarded.
- Financial responsibilities include forecasting and reporting on the budgets, and securing new funding through contract modifications and new contracts.
- Manage client expectations, contractual negotiations of task orders.
- Provide direction and mentor program managers who are responsible for the day to day oversight of contract deliverables and customer support.
- Attract, develop and retain high performing, diverse talent within the business; build future leaders through mentoring and serving as a role model.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred. Education requirements may be substituted if the applicant has 10 or more years of related experience.
- 8-10 years of experience managing complex healthcare IT systems
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working on/for CMS contracts
- Experience in business acquisition for Federal government bids, preferably CMS
- Experience in program delivery for CMS government contracts
- Must possess demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to interact with all levels of personnel
- Superior creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Strong work ethic. results oriented, committed to delivering high quality proposals and solutions to customers.
- Great desire to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Broad IT industry knowledge, with real expertise in one or two disciplines
· Experience in Health IT or health-focused agencies a significant benefit
PS9593 Requisition #