The O&P USA business includes the product lines Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Polypropylene and Polyethylene. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (LaPorte, TX), and Carson (Carson, CA), with the headquarters located in League City, TX.
O&P USA supports exports of ethane currently from the east coast and the gulf coast under the direction of Europe’s Supply and Trading organization. Propane and butane will be added to the list of products exported.
How the Role Fits In:
The NGL Product Export Specialist reports to the Team Lead NGL Feedstocks and will assist the Manager Export Supply in originating, negotiating and administering NGL contracts and coordinate spot transactions related to exports from North America.
The Main Purpose of the Role:
The role is responsible for assisting in acquiring NGL feed stocks in the Northeast and US Gulf Coast for export from North America at the direction of INEOS Shipping and Logistics
The role works closely with the NGL Export Logistics Specialist and the INEOS Shipping and Logistics team in Europe on operational and logistical activities to ensure material is available to load onto ships at marine terminals on the East Coast and Gulf Coast. The NGL Product Export Specialist also manages NGL feedstock supply with the Feedstock Supply Manager for Olefins and Polymers USA feedstock needs. In the course of the monthly activities, the role interacts with approximately 15-20 trading partners and approximately 1-5 term supply partners.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Accountability 1: NGL Supply for Export Activities
• Assist in negotiating and administering contracts for the purchase of NGL feedstock in North America for supply of two INEOS ethylene manufacturing sites in Europe.
• Utilize commercial and logistics experience to ensure feedstock purchases meet financial performance metrics, are effectively coordinated with marine shipping schedule and satisfies European manufacturing specs.
• Provide market updates and feedstock strategy recommendations to O&P USA and ITS Management.
• Provide commercial guidance and input to the monthly ITS feedstock supply plan.
• Manage inventory balances to ensure compliance with contractual nominations and obligations.
• Monitor and report on volumes transacted.
• Manage feedstock supply in response to unplanned outages, shipping delays, etc.
• Establish guidelines and ensure compliance with export requirements related to quality specifications, regulatory documentation and international tax laws.
• Manage business relationships with key industry participants. Facilitate discussion and execute tactical plans with US Feedstock Team to leverage synergies across INEOS to improve overall business profitability.
• Assist in identifying new suppliers and establishing business relationships, which may include negotiating contractual terms and establishing lines of credit.
• Provide input and strategy recommendations to U.S. and ITS organizations.
Accountability 2: Term Contract Management
• Assist in managing relationships with suppliers and trading partners to ensure effective communication and reliable supply.
• Interact with commercial counterparts on a regular basis to
• Assist in negotiation of contractual amendments and new supply agreements as necessary.
• Assist in the development and monitoring of KPIs with individual suppliers to drive reliability and economic performance of supply for export.
• Assist with handling of off-spec product, operational upsets, FM events, scheduled/unscheduled maintenance, turn-arounds, etc.
• Maintain a strong working knowledge of term contracts and commercial provisions (pricing, term, performance requirements, cover for non-performance, FM, payment terms, assurance/credit language, specs, nominations, scheduling, etc.).
• Proactively manage key supply contract triggers and provisions.
• Liaise with tax department to ensure that INEOS complies with all regulations and operates in a tax efficient manner.
Accountability 3: Product Quality Management
• Assist with management of off-spec product waiver process, interfacing with Export Supply Chain Manager and ITS team to determine response to off-spec product situations as they arise.
Accountability 4: Project Implementation
• Assist in negotiating contracts and implement business management processes.
• Accountability 5: New Business Development
• Provide commercial input and strategy recommendations to ITS and O&P USA Management on new opportunities to improve connectivity, optionality, and security of supply for export product.
• Support broader ITS Business Development activities on an as-needed basis.
• Maintain industry model of the Northeast market to identify key players, assets, supply/demand balances on critical pipelines and supply locations.
Most important activities:
• HSE (OSHA recordable, environmental, near miss) – Ensure responsible operation of assets and follow best practices for management of change processes.
• Product Quality – Ensure compliance with contractual and manufacturing product specifications.
• Security of Supply – Manage product supply balance to ensure timely supply of feedstock.
• Cost Control – Optimize contractual optionality and minimize supply costs, such as demurrage.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Engineering, Science, or Business Degree
• 5+ years of experience in the Oil, Energy, or Chemical businesses
• Ability to understand and negotiate contracts
• Ability to understand financial markets and trading instruments.
• Risk management principles.
• Ability to work with finance on accounting for transactions, Ability to complete fundamental market analysis and modeling.
• Highly motivated.
• Capable of working well within and leading a team.
• Effective interpersonal skills with both internal and external contacts.
• Strong leadership, project management, and influencing skills.
• Strong negotiation skills and performance bias.
• Ability to think strategically and broadly across a range of opportunities and market positions.
• Willing to travel (Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Houston, London, Rolle)