Job Duties and Responsibilities
- · Deputy to Project Manager. Assume team leadership functions in the absence of the Project Manager.
- · Provide technical support to the Program Manager.
- · Provide systems and technical engineering support to the Air Force program office.
- · Assist the Air Force customer create briefing packages suitable for senior AF leadership.
- · Participate in system and major sub-system design reviews (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, SVR), test and manufacturing readiness reviews; develop and present reports summarizing assessments and results. Collect and track to closure all actions resulting from reviews; Requests for Information and Review Item Discrepancies. Coordinate approval of reports and generate system-level risks from these design reviews.
- · Participate in technical Working Groups and Technical Interchange Meetings. Coordinate with team members to establish meeting agendas and publish meeting minutes.
- · Assess and evaluate item test plans against applicable standards.
- · Evaluate and track system and sub-system issues, risks, and configuration changes.
- · Coordinate, plan, and support in Chief Engineer Review Boards (ChERB) or other technical reviews as required.
- · Applying knowledge of item design, qualification test results, and manufacturing, to evaluate the suitability and risk of the resulting item.
- · Consolidate and coordinate reports, data products, and notes from multiple team members into a single formal report on a routine basis.
- · Review the process changes to determine impact to process stability
Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Technology or Math) or equivalent, and ten to twelve years of related (engineering and management) experience or Master’s degree and eight to ten years of related experience and management experience.