Description of Work:
• Responsible for applying industry standard Product Management frameworks to existing Federal agency processes to support the modernization and requirements development process.
• Subject Matter Expert for agency Product investments and presenting to executive audiences
• Capable of describing and discussing data-driven value-seeking Product Management Practices in concert with improvements in software development productivity.
• Provide extensive assistance in defining and producing Product Management courseware content tailored to organization-specific requirements.
• You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality
• Capable of providing support through the SDLC process for strategic client projects
• Run Product Discovery and requirements gathering workshops with clients
• Coach and train other Product Managers on best practice
• Work with team members to produce estimates for proposals and investments
• Provide guidance on creating and maintaining a product backlog with epics and user stories
• Provide guidance on creating product roadmaps and release plans
• Facilitate communication between executive leadership, stakeholders and development team members
• Provide product demos and presentations to clients
• Capable of supporting organizational change management message delivery/outreach sessions in the roles of author, packager, and presenter.
• Capable of producing positive outcomes in technical debates about the application of Product Management processes, redefinition of Product Management terminology, and strategic leadership concepts.
• Comfortable discussing and practicing agile delivery methods, agile culture, and agile leadership.
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to interface with senior leadership Basic Qualifications:
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities.
• Master’s degree and 7 years of experience, Bachelor’s degree and 9 years of experience, or 13 years of relevant work experience in Product Management with software development applications5 plus years of Agile and project management experience.
• Experience implementing product practices at an enterprise level.
• More than 5 years of experience describing and discussing data-driven value-seeking Product Management Practices in concert with improvements in software development productivity.
• Experience defining and producing Product Management courseware content tailored to organization-specific requirements.
• Ability to envision a big-picture vision at an enterprise level, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
• Experience conveying software methodologies to audiences including senior leaders with varying technical backgrounds
• Strong problem-solving capabilities evidenced by a proven ability to quantitatively
and qualitatively analyze product concepts, strategic opportunities and
• Manage, train and communicate with cross functional teams and implement Product
• Demonstrable experience in presenting product concepts to senior leaders through presentations.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Position of Public Trust. Preferred Qualifications:
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
• Prior Federal Government/Government/large scale corporate working experience
• Pragmatic Product Manager Certification
• Experience managing Product Managers and equivalent professionals
• Experience creating training plans & curriculums.
• Ability to interface with senior leadership
• Knowledge of big data and analytics products
• Ability to prioritize and react to changing requirements with a sense of urgency
• Negotiating and customer interfacing skills