- Ideate, define, conduct, and write ongoing syndicated research and analysis on next generation semiconductor related issues.
- Assess the most significant semiconductor related challenges for product management, product marketing, general manager and CEO roles at semiconductor dependant organisations
- Deliver thought leading research focused on advising these roles on how to benefit from next generation semiconductor related issues.
- Focus research on semiconductors related issues that offer the greatest growth opportunities – these include Technology Decisions, Competitive Strategies, Market Assessment, Customer Behaviour and Go-to-Market approaches.
- Integrate macro trends associated with Moore’s Law, China, Foundry, Custom Silicon, IoT, AI and 5G into your analysis and advice.
- Research semiconductor companies for market share and competitive analysis reports
- Build quantitative forecast models to predict market size
- Deliver value from data through rigorous analysis, vetting of positions, collaboration and peer review.
- Published research that clients view as ‘must have’, meeting our client commitment to clients and brand position.
- Provide business benefit to clients through actionable advice via telephoned, email and face to face meetings.
- Deliver teleconferenced or stage presentations for clients
- Attend client/prospect meeting with sales to support business growth.
- An Electronics or Semiconductor Engineering based degree.
- Over 10 years’ experienceworking within the semiconductor or related electronics industry
- Semiconductor product management or product marketing experience.
- A business leadership, strategic planning or consulting role at a relevant technology provider company.
- A customer facing at a relevant technology provider company.
- A personality driven by continuous learning. Successful candidates must adapt their research coverage as the industry evolves.
- A good understanding of the semiconductor supply chain, it’s business models, the competitive landscape, and user/buyer strategies.
- An exceptional writing ability with an emphasis on taking and justifying positions with facts and recommendations.
- Quantitative skills to deliver market forecasts and market share estimates and justify market models, assumptions and rationale.
- Strong communication skills via telephone and face to face and the ability to explain complex concepts concisely.
- A compelling and enthusiastic manner that drives clients to action, and guides them to success.
- Candidates must credibly represent Gartner research, methodology and strategies at multiple levels (Board, C-Level, Business Unit and Operational) and multiple client organization types (End User Client, Investors, Technology and Service Providers, Resellers, Channel Partners)
Job ID 00017625