Who you are:
You are an energetic, creative, and collaborative recruiter who believes that talent is the fuel that makes the business world go around. You know just how critical it is to find the right thinkers, doers, writers, producers, editors, leaders and innovative talent in order to compete in a marketplace of emergent platforms, products and personalities.
What you'll do:
You will manage full life-cycle recruitment for open roles across Bloomberg’s Editorial & Research business, as well as additional roles across other businesses. You’ll spend your time developing and managing a quality candidate flow and placing experienced professionals into open positions. Out of the gate, we’ll look to you to foster relationships with hiring leaders, ensure a smooth recruiting process and establish an outstanding candidate experience.
We’ll trust you to:
- Fully understand hiring managers’ business needs and then collaborate with them by offering strategic recruiting guidance and advice
- Source candidates directly through industry networking and online recruiting tools
- Manage and review resumes, test facilitation, scheduling, interviewing, offer negotiation/closing, and onboarding
- Provide continuous feedback to candidates, hiring managers and other stakeholders
- Team up with HR Business Partners, Immigration, Relocation, and other folks to quickly get the best candidates in and productive
- Stay on top of market trends affecting the Editorial & Research businesses, as well as employment trends
- Partner with academic and diversity organizations to improve and enhance recruitment strategy
- Write compelling and persuasive job descriptions…like this one!
- Represent the Bloomberg brand in every interaction
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of recruiting experience, including successful recruitment of experienced professionals in an agency/search firm or corporate environment
- The ability to execute on assignments and the aptitude to make decisions independently with limited information
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills, a consultative approach and the ability to influence multiple constituents without direct authority
- Proven behavioral interviewing skills and candidate assessment techniques
- Solid experience using applicant tracking systems, Human Resources information systems, and other recruiting-related applications.
- Demonstrated passion, compassion, and the ability to lead by example
We’d love to see:
- Have definitely got the goods when it comes to implementing Human Resources and Recruiting initiatives - in fact, sometimes they call you a champion because, well, you‘re a champion
- You not only know your way around state-of-the art recruiting methods and sourcing strategies, you have a couple innovative tricks up your sleeve
- The ability to organize and present to stakeholders and execs with ease
- You understand what News & Research people are about and what kinds of roles they play and aspire to – in fact, we’d love it if you already know a bunch of these folks