Rapid City, SD
Not Specified years
Posted 295 days ago
• Manage the strategy and big-picture plans for all our newsrooms.
• Focus on long-range planning while managing the day-to-day stuff.
• Maintain and grow station ratings.
• Set goals, expectations and policies for the newsroom.
• Work hand-in-hand with the Digital Director on how we are serving our viewers across all platforms.
• Manage budgets and purchases for both stations.
• Work with the GM to make final decisions on personnel decisions.
• Represent our networks at public functions.
• Coach and train MMJ’s, Reporters and on-air staff.
• Ability to maintain professional and ethical conduct at the station and in the community
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field.
• Qualified applicant will have experience in running a newsroom and a sound understanding of news department operations, including knowledge of journalism ethics, slander and libel laws.
• Ability to motivate news personnel, organize information in a detailed manner and excellent skills in dealing with the public and co-workers.