$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
For more than 60 years, ABC12 has been part of the Mid-Michigan community. Being called a leader in the industry is a responsibility and commitment we take seriously.
Providing breaking news of the day and keeping our viewers informed before, during and after severe weather is our commitment day in and day out. Reaching beyond the traditional news of the day, ABC12 is humbled to be the media partner for several events throughout the year benefiting the community we call home.
If you are looking for a place to begin your career, find an opportunity to make a change or challenge your skills, the award winning team of ABC12 could be the perfect home for you too.
Seeking a powerhouse candidate who will lead our newsroom. Responsible for overseeing and leading all aspects of daily news operations including organization of targeted content; analyze audience research; work effectively with creative services, sales, production and other departments. Create a productive and energetic work environment with clear communication, accountability, high journalistic standards and instill strong teamwork. The right person who can attract, retain and develop top talent, perform at a high level of communication with all team members, ability to be engaging with and growing audiences, impactful enterprising content, delivering compelling, relevant content that makes a difference in people's lives. We seek someone who can foster a positive, innovative, hard charging newsroom. Ability to coordinate breaking news, weather, and large event coverage while effectively planning news strategies for continuous measurement.
• Manage all aspects of News Department including recruit, coach, train, inspire, and mentor
• Cultivate a culture that owns enterprising reporting & breaking news across all content platform.
• Develop and implement strategic goals/plans and compelling content
Analyze and respond to trends affecting the industry and DMA.
• Develop and control annual budget to comply with station guidelines.
• Build and maintain key relationships to foster a positive news image within the community.
• Monitor all on-air & online product for compliance to Federal, State and local laws as well as First & Fourteenth Amendments.
• Work closely with other members of station management team to develop and attain departmental and station goals.
• Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to station websites.
• Execute the brand and grow audience on all platforms.
• Commitment to teamwork, empowerment, and open and honest, servant leadership.
• Plan and execute "big event' coverage.
• Prepare and hit budgets, meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and all inquiries/correspondence from the public regarding news matters.
• Well versed with the latest technological advancements in news gathering and production, libel and privacy laws, journalistic ethics, and maintaining professional guidelines and standards of news broadcasts.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand employee needs and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• 4-year Degree in Broadcast Journalism, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• 5+ years of news management experience.
• Servant leader, veteran TV and Digital newsroom manager.
• Effective verbal and written communicator.
• Must have working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws.
• Integrity, creativity, passion, compassion, positive energy, active listener, engaging personality.
• A broad-based knowledge of journalism and related standards, the news media environment and audience consumption trends.
• Supervise and provide regular feedback, performance appraisals for direct reports with ultimate responsibility for all newsroom personnel
• Exceptional time management skills, can-do attitude, excellent work ethic.
• Broad understanding of newsroom operations and equipment
• Proven and effective leadership skills; foster open dialogue, empower others, address conflicts quickly and directly.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Valid Through: 2019-9-20