Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
Gray Television is currently seeking an experienced News Director for its award winning staff. The experienced candidate will lead the development of news content for the newsrooms including, Breaking News and Weather Authority. The News Director is responsible for supervising and coordinating news staff and all efforts leading to quality, relevant content. By employing all available resources, the News Director makes sure content is delivered to the region across multiple platforms with trusted accuracy and timeliness.
The ideal candidate should have:
• A proven record of success in leadership, production and distribution of local news, and development of talent
• Strong leadership skills and excellent news judgment
• A successful track record utilizing multi-media digital assets maximizing how news is covered and distributed
• A passion for production and storytelling, combined with an unwavering commitment to journalistic ethics and standards
• A community-minded spirit and vision to expand the stations outreach through its coverage of the events impactful to the greater region we serve
• Success in growing ratings within key demographics
• Ability to work with all digital specialists to ensure social media growth
• Experience working with departmental budgets is a plus
• Ability to teach and lead by example while using the latest technology
• Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related degree from an accredited four-year college or university
• Or equivalent experience and a minimum of five years news management experience.
• They will also possess a deep understanding of news as it relates to the ever-changing digital landscape.