The Newscast Director coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions.The ideal candidate will work well under pressure and stay cool when things become challenging. This position will have the responsibility of working with another director to generate all graphics for the evening shows. If you believe you are the ideal candidate for this amazing career opportunity, you are encouraged to apply. If you like challenges and are a team player we encouraged you to apply. This is your opportunity to hit the ground running with an amazing News Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions
- Supervises and assigns duties to workers engaged in technical control and production of programs
- Observes pictures through monitors and directs camera/video staff concerning composition
- Acts as a liaison between engineering and production departments
- Works with the news producers to deliver a clean and high energy newscast
- Trains camera and CG operators on the proper operation during live broadcasts
- Switches video sources and given direction at the same time during live broadcasts
- Tests equipment to ensure proper operation
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Responsible for working in tandem with another director to generate all graphics for the evening shows.
- Possess strong judgment and decision making skills having the ability to work independently
- The ability to work as a team
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Requirements & Skills:
- Experience with ROSS Automated Systems.
- Experience with ROSS Robotic Cameras.
- Experience with I-NEWS
- Experience with Avid.
- Experience with Chyron.
- Experience with After Affects.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience with Graphics.
- Ability to work our evening news broadcast schedule: 5PM, 6:30PM, 9PM and 10PM
- A Team player with the ability to work independently.
- A college degree in broadcasting or related major is preferred with at least 1-2 years' experience.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Newscast Director must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Newscast Director must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.