$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Houston, TX 77029
Less than 5 years
Posted 4 days ago
NEW TRUCK SALES REPRESENTATIVE
The client company owns multiple heavy truck dealerships, located along the Gulf Coast of Texas. The dealerships sell and service a wide variety of vehicles from one of the most recognized and honored brands around the globe. The company is headquartered in a major city in Texas with 350+ employees retailing approximately 2,000 new and 840 used vehicles annually. The company is seeking a trustworthy, ethical, responsible and organized individual to assume the position of New Truck Sales Representative at their flagship, co-located at their corporate headquarters. location.
The company is seeking a long-term, career-oriented individual, with a proven record of accomplishment with a strong work ethic, the ability to multitask, and those that thrive when working in a dynamic environment. The New Truck Sales Representative position will report directly to the New Truck Sales Manager. The new team member's responsibility will be to solicit and service new and existing heavy and medium duty customers from multiple brands, to maintain and increase the company's customer base and to achieve sales revenue goals. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, be self-disciplined as well as possess excellent customer service skills. The candidate will need an energetic drive, professional appearance, outstanding work ethic, excellent communication skills and a strong desire to succeed. As a sales professional with this company, you will be provided not only the initial but continuous training and the tools as well as the support you need to be the best sales professional in the industry. This is an excellent opportunity with continuous growth within a very people-oriented company for an individual who is motivated to succeed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Attain truck sales and customer relationship objective through telephone and personal contact with assigned Customers and geographical areas of responsibility and serve as primary customer contact point.
• Responsible for deep brand(s) product and sales material knowledge, and to stay current on industry technology, market conditions.
• Responsible for maintaining annual Sales Certification Status with all brands.
• Responsible for learning customer business operations, business needs and how we position ourselves to better serve their requirements with the proper product for their requirements and application.
• Responsible for making a minimum of 10 calls weekly on active customers and 10 calls weekly on non-customers (conquest accounts).
• Responsible for maintaining Phoenix CRM accuracy and information input from all sales calls for active and conquest accounts. Also maintain customer data base to ensure its kept current and includes all customer input pertinent to all aspects of the relationship.
• Responsible for presentation selling with in person demonstrations.
• Responsible for the transaction throughout the process; spec'ing, unpublished pricing, tracking build and shipment, coordinate PDI and body builders, negotiate pricing, delivery and payment terms.
• Responsible for presenting timely and accurate pricing, vehicle specifications and quotes to customers on existing and ordered inventory.
• Maintain the reputation of the dealership by promoting a professional image at all times through dress, action, speech, and cleanliness with our vehicles, your personal vehicle and your work area. Account management also includes assisting with other department opportunities or grievances.
• Engage all needed company resources, Vendor and Body Builder resources, and brand(s) support to achieve long term alliances with our customers.
• Complete all necessary documents as required for selling the truck(s) following New Truck policies and procedures. Responsible for writing truck appraisals and preparing reports in order to complete assigned job duties.
• Responsible for securing financing prior to ordering trucks and for introduction to our Finance Department for all loan and insurance opportunities.
• Attend industry meetings, personal and civic functions and assigned-customer outings as approved or needed to build relationships.
• Attend brand and company training events, weekly sales meetings, dealer events, customer events and plant tours-pilot reviews as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• A valid driver's license is required with the expectation that a Class B Texas CDL with air brake endorsement within 6 months of employment.
• College degree in business.
• Combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Minimum 3 years of automobile, heavy equipment or truck sales experience with retail trucks sales preferred.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Strong attention to detail in composing, typing, proofing materials for internal and external use.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of internal and external contacts.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, demands, etc.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Skills in computer operation, interpersonal communication, credit and insurance. Knowledge of financial accounting, sales and legal information including state and federal regulations. Ability to deal effectively, listen and communicate with all customers and co-workers. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in order to prepare official correspondence to customers and other sources.
A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the selected candidate.
Valid Through: 2019-11-6