It's an exciting time to be part of the IFF team at our new offices located at Bell Works in Holmdel, NJ. Combined with the recent acquisition of Frutarom; IFF is 129 years old, has greater than $5BB Revenue, contains over 13,000 employees, supports 160 locations, serving 33,000 customers with 150,000 products.
As the New Technology Portfolio Manager your primary focus will be the management of IFF's New Technology portfolio through the innovation funnel. You will successfully liaise with internal collaborators to develop new fragrance technologies to drive these innovations to the market. The continued optimization of this global technology product portfolio will be required to meet customer and consumer requirements and therefor lead in the marketplace.
This position will require the ability to combine consumer needs and customer requirements into the development of IFF`s technology solutions. You will possess project and portfolio management skills along with the ability to communicate with and present to cross-functional and global teams; a desire to promote change and new ways of working and an understanding of the fast-moving consumer goods business.
You will spend your time…
- Manage the new product introduction process within IFF
- Ensure and enforce governance thru IFF Innovation development model (stage gate process)
- Review the development of novel technology versus relevant KPI and deliverables such as Product Performance, Benefit definition, Intellectual Property Portfolio, Pricing/Cost, Manufacturing
- Partner with internal groups such as Commercial, C&A, R&D, GRA, Legal, Procurement and Operations to create and manage product and technology plan to support overall business strategy and drive processes to manage the new technology portfolio introductions
- Develop a technology portfolio that provides unique solutions to consumer and customer needs
- Communicate technical solutions and knowledge to internal and external collaborators
- Facilitate the Technology Tracks prioritization in line with Strategic & Commercial Priorities
- Communicate key information to senior leadership for strategic decision making
- Develop new systems and tools to help manage the new technology portfolio and monitor the new technology sales and business opportunities
- Manage relationships with peers, key customers and strategic partners
- Innovation Management (Stage Gate processes)
- Project Management (PMP certification desired)
- Development of novel tools/systems to manage new technology portfolio
- Ability to communicate with and present to cross-functional teams and senior management
- Fluent in English (Verbal and Written); other languages a plus
- Lean Six Sigma Training (desired)
- PhD in Science & Technology, Chemistry, Material Science or related discipline; BS degree in Chemical or relating Engineering Discipline; MS in Engineering Discipline.
- Minimum 10 –15 years of experience in the chemical, consumer goods and/or fragrance industry.
- Portfolio and Project Management Skills
- 3-5 years of experience in New Technology and Innovation Management
Hazlet, New Jersey, United States