Execute new relationships with large strategic partners to expand Kabbage’s products and services among small businesses.
What you'll be doing:
- Prospect, cultivate and close new partnerships with B2B companies with the goal of growing Kabbage’s lending portfolio and related products.
- Work directly with the partnership operations team to define the best solution for our new strategic partners
- Coordinate with internal teams to ensure ongoing success of new relationships.
- Conceptualize new strategic initiatives to grow our partner network and portfolio.
- Accurately produce and manage a robust pipeline of new partnership opportunities.
What we're looking for in you:
- Strategic thinking: Ability to think through a long-term vision for a partnership, but realize the small steps needed to get there.
- Persistence: Follows through on items without being managed. Resourceful, has grit, possesses "can do" attitude.
- Work Ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done; has a track record of working hard
- Initiative: Proactively finds ways to get the job done and make improvements
- Empathy: Recognizes and respects the priorities of different individuals/teams so that when trade-offs are necessary, they are well informed and well-communicated.
- Calm under pressure: Ability to navigate and lead the team through high-priority negotiations and other high stress situations; works well under high-pressure timelines.
- Communication: Ability to communicate clearly across multiple channels of communication (verbal, email, PowerPoint).
What you should have:
- 10+ years of experience in new business development and strategic partnerships.
- 5+ years of experience specifically in Fintech or financial services.
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals.
- Strong ability to negotiate agreements, interpret legal documents and work with attorneys.
- You have a bias toward action; you try things, and sometimes you fail. You ask forgiveness, not permission.
- Curve balls don't scare you; you can quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- You can find direction in ambiguity, honing in on the most important things that need to get done.
- You can write a clear and concise term sheet and PowerPoint.
- You can operate autonomously in a fast-paced, loosely structured environment.
- You ask why. You explore. You're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea.