As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will own the design, development, and verification of high-performance Avionics hardware for various flight vehicles. You will work closely with our rocket and spacecraft program stakeholders and other technical leads to drive requirements definition, modeling, analysis, design, test and production release of the complex board-level analog and digital circuitry on our avionics boards and sub-assemblies; across the entire product life-cycle (concept to launch), in a direct hands-on manner. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight. You will share in the team's impact on all of the aspects of:
- Circuit card assemblies include computational components (FPGA, microcontrollers and processors)
- Signal Conditioning
- Data Acquisition
- Actuator Control
- Communications Protocols
- Power and other devices
- Drive requirements definition, design, analysis, development, test, debug, verification and production release of complex board-level analog and digital circuitry.
- Drive board (PCB/PCA) design, verification and development activities; including schematic capture, layout, design review and release.
- Collaborate with hardware subassembly requirements definition, design, prototyping, test and development; including power-on, debug, validation, qualification and overall verification.
- Participate in complex circuitry (FPGA/CPLD, microprocessor and / or microcontroller) requirements definition, implementation, and integration and verification activities.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Physics or related disciplines.
- 8+ years of experience in design, development, test and operation of vehicle Avionics systems.
- Experience developing complex circuit cards, consumer electronics, wireless devices, or other advanced electronic commercial products.
- Experience with analog, digital and mixed-signal circuit analysis, simulation, design, test, troubleshooting, signal integrity, power, and grounding and general board layout principles.
- Exposure to use of complex computational devices and combinational and sequential logic to monitor sensors and control actuators; including design, development and verification.
- Desire to work hands-on, both independently and as part of a team, throughout the development and production phases of the Avionics systems product lifecycle.
- High attention to detail and strong task ownership; must demonstrate pride in all work.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Master of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Physics or related disciplines.
- 10+ years of experience in design, development, test and operation of vehicle Avionics systems.
- Demonstrated experience designing high reliability (Design For Manufacture/Assembly/Test), safety-critical, Class 2/3 board assemblies; familiarity with IPC-A-600/610, DO-254 and similar standards.
- Demonstrated experience using Cadence OrCAD and Allegro to design high-speed, commercial or aerospace boards, including working with external board manufacturing and assembly vendors.
- Experience with launch vehicle Avionics systems hardware development, integration, and test.
- Experience as Sr. technical lead of a design team.
- Scripting, Programming and Analysis: TCL, Python, Linux shell and Windows batch scripting; C / C++; MATLAB / Simulink, HSPICE and HFSS (or similar modeling/analysis tools)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.