Additional Posting Details:
Responsible for initiating, coordinating, scoping and launching pilots of adjacent and transformational innovative new products for Pet
Collaborates with Pet Product department to facilitate, evaluate and launch core innovation initiatives for existing products
Leverages relationships with strategy, research, new business development, and innovation team to ideate, concept and evaluate viability of new products
Works across the Pet organization to gain alignment on new products and to define requirements for pilot programs
Provides analysis, insights and KPI reports for new product ideas, implementation stage gates and in-market pilots to leadership
Works with Product leadership to transform viable and scalable new products into national launches and long-term maintenance
JOB SUMMARY: Directs the strategic alignment and success of major corporate programs and initiatives for assigned business units. Prioritizes, approves and ensures the completion of new product development, design of new processes, adoption of new strategies and/or programs within time, budget, and specification constraints. Provides a single point of contact integration for individual projects into larger program management on a corporate-wide basis.Job Description
Reports to: Officer / VP. May manage project managers through direct of indirect reporting relationship.
1. Directs the evaluation of proposed business development efforts including the coordination of initial program/project proposals (i.e., high level scope, deliverables, cost estimates and return on investment analysis) and charters. Determines and recommends to senior management if program/project strategically aligns with the organization?s strategy and objectives.
2. Consults with senior leadership and assigned project teams to identify scope/specifications and business needs, writes proposals, prepares risk assessments and establishes budgets and timeframes for major programs and team based activities, with the goal of ensuring alignment with corporate strategy and objectives.
3. Directs the allocation and funding for programs/projects and their initiatives.
4. Directs the development of business perspective work plans to determine needed resources (process, functional, product and distribution channels) to deliver program/project charters, requirements, user acceptance testing strategies, training, and system implementation.
5. Monitors and assesses all projects and strategic initiatives and communicates status to senior leadership. Ensures and manages the communication to and incorporation of feedback from customers on proposed, developing and completed projects and strategic initiatives. Evaluates all related vendor deliverables.
6. Manages the interfaces between projects, acting as a liaison between project managers and directors, to ensure collaboration and coordination between business unit leadership, program/project development staff, senior management, Technology Services, customers, and if necessary, vendors and outside consultants.
7. Identifies technology and human resource commitments across the organization. Provides feedback and makes recommendations to senior management to assist in prioritization, formation of cross-functional and/or customer integrated teams and the reallocation of resources when necessary.
8. Identifies gaps, overlaps, conflicts, and time as well as budgetary and resource barriers, which effect programs and projects individually and as a whole. Facilitates resolution, mitigation, and appropriate elevation. Maintains a log of common issues, risks, and changes to promote organizational learning and proactive response.
9. Identifies endangered and misaligned programs, projects, and initiatives, and represents senior management in leading resulting recovery, revision, or shutdown efforts that may be required.
10. Develops, implements, and maintains a consistent program/project management framework such as methodologies and standards for use in the assigned business unit leadership and associated business units.
11. Consults and coaches leadership and team members throughout business units on new project/program management trends, practices and procedures, and tools.
12. Acts as a liaison to program management staff in other areas of Nationwide and integrates the workflow in these areas in support of company and business unit strategy.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate degree in business, insurance or related field. MBA or equivalent desired. Project Management Certification strongly preferred.
Experience: Ten years of general management experience including insurance operations, program/project leadership, and involvement/interaction with multiple functional areas such as HR, finance/accounting, systems, legal, and communications.58020