New Product Development Sourcing Engineer
Tennant is a recognized leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions for industrial and commercial markets, with more than $820 million in annual revenues. With a vision to become a global leader in water-based sustainable cleaning and othertechnologies, Tennant creates innovative solutions, such as our ec-H2O products, that are changing the way the world cleans.
Tennant employees work to create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennant is a company that cares about what it's doing, and the sustainability of its products, and works every day to develop new solutions that clean exceptionally well, but don't damage the environment. Employees of Tennant Company work with a spirit of Stewardship. Very simply, Stewardship is a filter for our actions and decision-making, as we strive to leave things in better condition than when we found them.
Tennant is hirng a New Product Development Sourcing Engineer at our global headquarters in Golden Valley, MN. The New Product Development (NPD) Supply Engineer will work in coordination with multiple cross functional teams to develop and launch new products on cost, on time and on quality. The role will lead the direct material support for new products in supplier selection, early supplier involvement, cost and delivery. The NPD Supply Engineer is responsible for adhering to the product development phase gates and schedules for the assigned programs. The scope of this role also encompasses strategic initiatives and activities to support continuous improvement and lean methodologies.
- The New Product Development Sourcing Engineer will support the area of New Product Development working cross functionally with the Research and Development (R&D) Engineering teams and Global Category teams to identify the supply requirements and then develop and implement the supply strategy to support assigned new product introduction programs.
- Proactively engage with suppliers in Early Supplier Involvement initiatives and coordinate cross function team activities around defined actions enabling aligned specifications, supplier validation and delivered quality.
- Capture and maintain total cost models for tooling and purchased parts. Understand the different factors and calculations determining the total cost. Manage estimates and actual costs within the program cost tool.
- Responsible for quoting, purchase orders, managing lead times and deliveries of purchased components and assemblies to support proto-type builds, demo unit builds, and start of production. Lead the resolution of blocking items related to supply. Collaborate and communicate with internal work partners on status, issues, and actions.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key internal work partners and suppliers.
- ApplyLean Manufacturing Principles to the Supply Chain / Suppliers including Plan for Every Part (PFEP), Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Transformation Plan, Root Cause/ Counter Measure (RCCM) and Project Charter (A3).
- Own and lead continuous improvement activities and strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor level degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineeringrequired
- 5-7years work related experience sourcing within an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Experience in electrical components, printed circuit board assembly and electro-mechanical components and assembly processes
- Ability to read, interpret and understand 2D engineering drawings and specifications
- New Product Development Sourcing/Supply experience
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- MS Office, SAP or related ERP experience
- Knowledge and exposure to the concepts of material flow is a plus
- Leanexperience is a plus
REQUIRED INTERPERSONAL & BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
- Results oriented with a strong focus on quality systems
- High level of customer service and collaboration skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to be flexible and adjust to a changing work environment.
- Positive attitude and be coachable
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships, both internally and externally, while maintaining a client service orientation
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to execute on and implement strategic direction
- Characterized by integrity and high professional standards
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.