New Product Development Project Manager
The core responsibility of the Project Manager position is managing the launch of new products via the management of all aspects of the business that pertain to development and setup.
The position will also be responsible for:
- Developing product cost down strategies and implementing changes via value engineering and value analysis
- Supplier communication
- Creation of prototypes
- Work closely with the following areas:
- Manage bringing new products to market.
- Create product specifications and maintenance.
- Production setup/work instructions.
- Timeline creation and maintenance.
- Supply chain interface and coordination.
- Creation of prototypes.
- ECR management as needed.
- Process or product improvements.
- Act as technical support for sales team.
- Summary reporting for various aspects of projects.
- Work with the Engineering Manager to develop product cost down strategies and implement changes via VA/VE
- Assist R&D manager as needed in relation to new product development
- Other Duties as assigned.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
- B.S. degree, preferably in engineering or comparable technical field.
- 5 years of practical experience, with functional technical experience.
- Experience working with foreign suppliers is a plus.
- Travel up to 20%.
- Understanding of the New Product Development, Innovation, R&D, Engineering, and ECR processes as they relate to the organization's products and services.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to work within an MRP system.
- Product Design software experience.
- Familiarity with Overseas supply channels
- Must have the capability to provide reports to management.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects under pressure while meeting competing deadlines.