The New Product Development Manager reports to the Director of Engineering and manages the New Product Development stream of engineering, working directly with the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) engineering stream to help develop roadmaps based on North America requirements. This role oversees the PMO, Product Test & Reliability and NPI (New Product Introduction) – engineering competencies model functions. This role also owns the Innovation function to promote an Innovation culture, run ideation creations and turn concepts & feasibility studies into new projects/programs.
He or She will work directly with NA Marketing teams to understand & verify business case requirements to build comprehensive project charters prior to handover to PMO. With the help of other value streams, the NPD & Innovation Manager will provide the voice of process working directly with the voice of the customer from PLM to develops the needs and changes to the product portfolio to ensure the needed cost, quality, reliability, competitiveness, time to market and disturbance free operational processes.
- Work closely with other global NPD Managers to harmonize our global products and align our roadmaps for product development.
- Act as the product development branch of the engineering organization, i.e. NPD (new product development)
- Act as a stakeholder to the NPD projects/programs to ensure compliance and standards are followed both internal and external
- Support PLM and Director of Engineering to develop and maintain product roadmaps for each platform architecture based on inputs from Marketing and Engineering
- Define and maintained Product Development and Reliability KPIs primarily focused on COT, TTM, SPI and CPI but not limited to those.
- Oversee the Product Reliability Manager to maintain product to A17.1 and other standards
- Oversee the Product Introduction Manager to ensure all engineering tools/competencies are maintained for success project setup
- Oversees the PMO to drive release contents/dates for key programs/projects, act as a stakeholder for PDP and CNs
- Analytical and Problem Solving
- Collaboration, especially with Marketing and Installation Teams
- Environmental Awareness
- Self Confidence
- Winning Through People Attitude
- Execution and Strategic Thinking
- PMP Certified
- Business Analytics Experience
- Time to Market
- Resource Management
- Cost Management
- Product Quality
- Design for Installability
- Roadmap Accuracy and Cycle Time
- University degree plus 10 years’ experience
- Advanced degree plus 8 years’ experience