Your responsibilities & requirements
Cooper Lighting Solutions. We build forward-thinking lighting solutions that make people’s lives safer, while making buildings, homes and cities smarter and more sustainable. We deliver an industry-leading portfolio of indoor and outdoor lighting, lighting controls and smart lighting systems.
Cooper Lighting Solutions is a business unit of Signify, the world leader in lighting. Together we have a shared purpose to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
Working as a New Product Development Engineer at Cooper Lighting Solutions is dynamic. You‘ll be designing lighting fixtures that meet or exceed customer expectations, product performance and aesthetic benchmarks as established by our Marketing and leadership teams while also conforming to all regulatory requirements.
What you’ll do
- Product design, part detailing, prototype procurement for luminaires from preliminary concept through implementation into manufacturing for LED products. The engineer will be expected to work on both new product concepts as well as refinements on existing product lines.
- Prototype assembly and testing for new products and design improvements.
- Design and implement custom product, mounting, and options that conform to Cooper Lighting engineering and safety standards.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure that final product design meets photometric, cosmetic, optical, electrical, mechanical, cost, safety and options requirements.
- Lead meetings, design reviews & tollgate reviews on product development with an emphasis on safety, quality, budget and schedule.
- Accurately create bill of materials, drawings, and instructions for vendors and manufacturing. Maintain all product documentation in Enterprise Systems.
- Assist in training key Assembly, Planning, Sales, Customer Service and Purchasing personnel on new product introductions.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in new product development, sustaining, or manufacturing role
- 3D modeling software, SolidWorks is preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
About Cooper Lighting Solutions
We question, we seek, and we solve. Because building a better world means asking tough questions and pushing harder for answers. Together with our customers, we create solutions that build a better world. At Cooper Lighting Solutions, we push past the ordinary to build brighter.