United States of AmericaLocation:
CAI23: Carrier-Indianapolis, IN 7310 W Morris St, Indianapolis, IN, 46231 USACompressor Lead Engineer; New Product Development EngineerCOVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employeesKEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Each day, the engineering team is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges. In order to maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join our engineering team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your technical expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking an innovative, data driven, results-oriented engineer to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation.
The candidate will have responsibility for the following in addition to ad hoc assignments as needed.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Develop and execute on compressor maturation road map
- Support product development strategy by aligning compressor road map and supporting issue resolution
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with diverse audiences including but not limited to; cross functional team members, senior leaders, global suppliers, and external customers including service managers and technicians.
- Collaborate with internal functions to support key metrics for a program and ensure all goals are achieved
- Partner with design team members to understand and translate design and process engineering requirements into product line design components, subsystems and products
- Collaborate with lab technicians to complete performance testing, reliability testing and agency testing requirements
TYPICAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Independently complete discrete tasks to meet design and project objectives
- Compressor domain expert for the engineering organization
- Ensure compressor supplier adherence to product development needs
The ideal candidate will possess a mechanical engineering BA/BS degree with at least 7 years of experience, or an advanced degree with at least 5 years of experience.KEY QUALIFICATIONS:
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
- Self-starter with ability to learn quickly and work independently under minimum direction and without day-to-day supervision to prioritize work to meet customer needs
- Experience working in a team environment within (Design Services, Test Labs and Model Shop) and outside of functional support groups (Product Quality, Supplier Quality, Marketing, Manufacturing, Sourcing)
- Understanding of Industry-wide accepted system engineering tools
- Knowledge of and experience using design for six sigma principles
- Strong skills with Microsoft; Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Word
- Organized with strong attention to detail, while managing multiple priorities
- Proven ability to implement continuous improvements and standardize processes
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve HVAC system problems
- Understand electronic controls function in HVAC equipment
- Ability to model/design and qualify (i.e. performance and reliability) HVAC systems
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of heat transfer, fluid dynamics, and thermodynamics
- Ability to understand product/component function, reliability and quality requirements
Click on this link
to read the Job Applicant's Privacy NoticeCOVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees.