NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPER - Refrigerated food
As an integral part of our team, researches, conducts experiments, gathers data, develops preliminary findings and prepares written reports for the development of new products beginning at conception through successful commercialization. Also, supports maintenance of existing brands such as cost savings projects and nutrition improvements. Selects appropriate methods, tests and procedures for testing. Develops project timelines, creates technical proposals and reports and makes recommendations. We are not able to offer Sponsorship for this position.
What would I be doing at this job?
- Complete project objectives under the direction of our management team.
- Conceptualize and develop new product prototypes to support New Product or Existing Business initiatives.
- Improve existing products by optimizing product formulas or attributes (cost, nutritional profiles, and ingredient statements).
- Maintain accurate and complete records of project work.
- Work withpilot plant equipment and external partners with significant supervision.
- Conduct plant trials and new product start-ups.
- Develop raw material, packaging, finished product and processing specifications.
- Execute experiments and prepare results for review.
- Develop prototypes that deliver project objectives. This may include ordering and weighing ingredients, as well as assembling prototypes for product evaluation.
- Prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously. Projects may be of limited scope and responsibility and may require significant supervisory direction to complete successfully.
How can I get noticed for this job? Your resume should reflect these experiences you have had -
- Bachelors degree in Food Science, Chemical Engineering or Food Engineering is highly preferred
- 3+ years of industry experience in food manufacturing is required
- Use of excellent verbal and written communication skills with our customers and sales team
- Capable of prioritizing workload to maximize team support
- Strong, general reasoning and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of food processing and packaging unit operations
- Basic knowledge of ingredient functionality
- Basic knowledge of food chemistry.
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to work on deadlines to meet goals and adapt to schedule changes
- High level of personal, work and professional ethics
- Proficient in basic office software applications (email, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation)
*** If you are applying, candidates who answer these 5 questions will be moved to the top of the list for this job. ***
* What is your formal educational attainment?
* Describe 2 NPD projects you have led from ideation to commercialization.
* How many years of experience do you have working as a Food Scientist?
* Do you require sponsorship to work in the USA now or any time in the future?
* Do you live in the Memphis area? If not, why do you want to move here?