Kansas City, KS
Industry: Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous•
5 - 7 years
Posted 284 days agoby Tracie Rogers
Empire Candle Co. is looking for a product designer that will design home fragrance products, packaging and labels (Candles, Warmers, Melts etc.) that will meet the retailers and consumer needs while maximizing profitability. The New Product Designer will develop a deep understanding of the business (costs, margins, production capabilities etc.) and be able to leverage consumer trends to develop new product ideas that will drive profitable volume. They will work with our Purchasing department and China office to identify new materials, new product categories and new merchandising platforms (displays, gift sets etc.) that can be leveraged to fill our new product pipeline. The New Product Designer will also work directly with key customers to help develop thee appropriate product solutions to meet their strategic needs and drive incremental volume for the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Project manage the development of new products.
a. Develop product concepts to meet the needs of our customers.
b. Determine financial viability using the estimator tool.
c. Utilize internal project tracking software (CRM) to progress and track our New Product Development Process.
d. Ensure that project is flawlessly executed across cross functional groups.
2. Ability to translate business strategies and opportunities into cost effective products and programs.
3. Work with Manager to develop strategies and tactics for digital assets and label designs.
4. Conceptual planning from fragrance & color selection, to final power point presentations for range of customers within multiple channels of distribution.
5. Knowledge of home d?cor market trends.
6. Design product and packaging.
7. Develop the appropriate creative briefs and style guides.
8. Communicate regularly with Asia team in development of product and packaging.
9. Create retail displays/plan-o-gram sets to meet customer?s specifications.
10. Design both print and digital catalogs.
11. Work with customers to design advertising/brochures/sales sheets.
12. Comply with all company policies and procedures.
13. Must be able to work full time and on-site regular attendance is required.
14. Must be able to work a flexible work schedule and overtime.
15. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
12. Familiar with FTP upload and management.
13. Familiar with pre-flighting and press checks.
14. Organize packaging and company-owned graphic files electronically into a database, while maintaining excellent quality.
15. Must be able to perform in a high-pressure, deadline driven environment.
16. A strong professional portfolio.
17. Photography skills including in-house photography, photo styling, and photo editing, an asset.