Working alongside our growing IT team, the New Member Engineer's primary responsibilities will include the implementation and oversight of projects and communication of IT services to prospective members in New York City. Ensuring Knotel exceeds our member's expectations of providing a seamless transition into a new space is necessary to our success as we expand rapidly across the globe. This is a client-facing role and requires someone with strong problem-solving skills, resourcefulness and the ability to communicate our services effectively.
What You'll Do
- Manage multiple projects within your region.
- Configure Meraki network hardware locally and remotely, based on member requirements and our standards.
- Coordinate implementation with ISPs, MSPs, hardware vendors and member IT Teams.
- Collaborate with other areas of the business to develop new products and services.
- Perform site visits with potential members to communicate the services we offer.
- Provide solutions to members who have specific IT needs that need to be addressed.
- Develop a handover checklist for operations to support.
- Serve as the technical escalation point for technicians in the field.
Who You Are
You are a seasoned professional who has worked in either technical sales, as a consultant, or at a service provider. You're a technical leader and you've been accountable to a group of junior technicians and delegated tasks to be completed. Additional technical requirements below:
- 4-5 years experience with Cisco hardware (Cisco Catalyst – All Models, Preferably Meraki)
- Knowledge of Firewalls (SonicWall, Fortinet, ASA, Palo Alto, Checkpoint)
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP, Wireless
- Excellent technical writing abilities and communication skills
- Experience with ticketing systems a plus
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks at once.