New Healthcare IT Facilities Director
11 - 15 years experience • Healthcare IT
Impact Advisors has an immediate opportunity for a New Facilities Program Director. The New Facilities Program Director will serve as the team leader for our new facilities planning program inclusive of early stage technology planning during building design, oversight of technology projects within a multi-year execution plan leading to facility opening and technology services support for facility activation. The Director will be responsible for supporting our Impact Advisors Methodology, providing on-site client/ team leadership and executing project specific responsibilities.
The New Facilities Program Director is responsible for working with client teams, including information technology, architects, construction managers and other consultants, to effectively support the design, planning and execution of technology systems required for new facility opening. A solid understanding of new facility design and construction process is required. In addition, a knowledge of how all technology systems in new facilities work together, inclusive of information technology, bio-medical, audio-visual, building systems and security, is essential for our planning role with our clients. Transition or activation planning is a core part of our services which includes the final stage technology procurement, configuration, testing and transition support for building opening/ post-opening.
· Responsible for managing various cross functional IT/IS responsibilities to ensure all of IT/IS is developing into a “best-in-class” organization delivering appropriate solutions as it moves into the new facility
· Responsible for all aspects of new facility technologyinfrastructure planning and maintenance. Works with IT/IS peers to review present solutions and methods and develop the formulation of new and revised solutions, while determining appropriate changes to effect improvements, reduce costs, and enhance efficiency
· Works with IT/IS peers to review current application suite to determine schedules, modifications, and testing required to ensure appropriate rollout in the new facility
· Overall responsibility for management of project activities and resources, including; planning, staff, structure, work plans, scope management, budget, timelines, issue management, etc.
· Responsible for day-to-day project management interactions with vendors and contractors
· Conduct design sessions to develop detailed workflows that define the technology requirements needed to support the patient flow and appropriate clinical workflows in the new facility for target groups including patient, visitor, clinician, physician and support services
· Meet with the individual IT/IS teams to review the approved detailed designs and associated decisions and discuss configuration implications for applications, infrastructure and biomedical designs
· Assists CIO in development of annual budgets and resource planning; provides periodic management updates as necessary
· Ensures IT/IS is appropriately involved and engaged in all aspects of building project
· Participates in the overall facility move, planning and execution
· Proven ability to develop consultative business relationships with individuals at all levels within a healthcare organization and ability to procure vendor relationships
· A minimum of ten (10) years of total experience, having held a variety of technology management positions with increasing levels of responsibility
· Hospital or Healthcareinformation technology (IT) experience
· Technical knowledge and expertise along with direct hands-on management experience in planning, implementing, operating and maintaining various components of a large-scale IT infrastructure environment is preferred
· The successful candidate will be professional, energetic and passionate about what he/she does. He/she will have a proven track record in managing IT groups, operations, or project teams, in complex, heterogeneous IT environments. The IT/IS Coordinator of New Facility Transition will have exceptional management and leadership skills, and have a very strong operational focus, enabling the individual to balance the needs of maintaining and improving existing systems and identifying the next generation of information technology and biomedical solutions
· BS/BA degreerequired, preferably in computer science, software engineering or otherengineering discipline; Masters degreepreferred
· Ten or more years of hands-on and management experience in applications, technology operations and/or infrastructure management
· Knowledge of many facets of technology solutions including planning and operations; clinical and business applications; network, desktop, security, data management technologies, disaster recovery solutions; and biomedical
· Proven leadership skills
· Previous consulting experience is required
· Must be willing to travel extensively and work at client sites a minimum of 4 days per week
Impact Advisors is a nationally recognized healthcare consulting firm dedicated to improving healthcare through technology and process improvement. As a trusted healthcare leader, we help clients optimize clinical and operational performance through our Best in KLAS® advisory and implementation services. We seek bright, motivated professionals who are passionate about healthcare and technology.