$80K — $100K *
What will you do at Ciena?
The Waveserver product development team’s mission is to develop data center interconnect optical transport products and solutions for Web 2.0 and Enterprise customers. This is a fast-growing market for Ciena and Waveserver is instrumental in attracting new customers to our portfolio. The design of the product must not only provide a wealth of services but at the same time must be simple to use and manage. Our team is looking for an energetic software designer that is eager to participate in the design and development of management and control software solutions.
• Developing real time embedded C/C++ software for the new Waveserver Data Center transport product, which may include enhancing existing software, creating new features, and supporting new hardware introduction for rapid time to market following an Agile development process.
• Participating in all stages of software development - requirements analysis, design and prototyping, implementation, testing, and eventually maintenance support.
• Troubleshooting hardware and software integration as well as performance issues. Work with hardware, software, verification and system engineering teams to identify root causes for issues.
• Field support, helping investigate and collect information to resolve performance or design issues found in current or previous designs.
• Software development expertise, particularly large-scale embedded software development in C/C++ and Object-oriented design
• Familiarity with developing software on multi-processor, concurrent systems (good knowledge of mutual exclusion, synchronization, inter-process communication, scheduling, resource management, etc.)
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot and perform fault isolation and usage of source code debug tools and analyzers
• Familiarity with Embedded Linux and experience scripting languages such as XQuery, TCL, Expect, Python, Bash, Perl, etc.
• Experience identifying issues and quality improvements through test driven development, automated unit testing, code analysis and comprehensive integration testing.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills to present ideas and coordinate troubleshooting.
• Strong organization skills to manage time, resources and priorities.
• Ability to work in a lab environment and integrate software onto custom hardware.
• Independent self-starter and committed to delivering on aggressive deadlines but also comfortable working in a team environment.
Collaboration with stakeholders
• Product and system architects – to understand requirements and desired behaviours
• Design team members – to review design and make decisions on options and improvements.
• Integration team – to share designer test results, review test plans and address issues found in integration testing
• Verification team - to review test plans and address issues found in verification testing
Areas of impact
• Opportunities exist within the team to work on SW at various levels in the system from the user interfaces down to the device drivers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
• 1+ years related experience (see Required Skills section)
Valid through: 11/17/2020
$100K — $150K
5 days ago