Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world - picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one - your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.Role overview - overview of the focal points of this role
We're looking for a motivated and talented individual interested in progressing their career in advanced Routing and MPLS features, while learning to leverage the disruption taking place with SDN, NFV and virtualized routing systems.
What type of work environment will you be working in? Who are the key teams with whom you will interact?
- Develop advanced routing and service features and capabilities in Multicast, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS and MPLS in a virtualized routing system
- Author and contribute in software design, development, validation, and documentation to deliver high quality, functionally excellent products
- Contribute to integration with enabling technologies including third party software, virtual and distributed SDN and NFV environments, and hardware capabilities
- Trouble shoot and fix reported issues with routing protocol and services; Identify root cause, diagnose, debug and deliver robust timely fixes
- Continuous learning and development of skills in system and network virtualization (Containers, SDN, NFV), advanced routing: OSPF, IS-IS, BGP-PIC, Segment Routing, EVPN, Ethernet services
You will be part of a talented team with an influential role contributing to advancing next generation IP/MPLS routing capabilities for a virtualized routing system focused on service provider, carrier grade capability, scale and reliability.Why is this role important within Ciena? What impact can you expect to have?
With customer proven capabilities, the Ciena Packet Control Plane team is enhancing and advancing Routing and MPLS capabilities to take advantage of worldwide market opportunities as Service Providers virtualize their networks, unify their legacy networks, and prepare for 5G. The next generation product delivers virtualized routing to integrate with SDN and NFV technologies.What technical experience and/or professional and personal skills are required for this role?
Relevant software development experience including product deliveries of advanced networking software systems
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science or a related discipline.
- Product design and delivery experience with Routers and/or MPLS switches designed for Service Provider deployments
- Requires knowledge in IP Routing Protocols (OSPF or ISIS, BGP) and MPLS Protocols (LDP), Segment Routing experience is plus.
- Excellent C programming, as well as trouble shooting skills.
- Exposure or experience with product cycles and deployment requirements for carrier class products in Service Provider customer environments
Cienais a network strategy and technology companywith apassion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome.We attract the best and brightest- those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering theirpassion and purpose. We trusteach individualto do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world.With Ciena's highly innovative, forward-thinking businesspractices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries.Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual's strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination. Cienais also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measuresrequiredforyou to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.We do not charge any fee for employment and the same applies to the Recruitment Partners we work with. Additionally, we do not ask for any refundable security deposit to be paid in bank accounts for employment purposes. We request candidates to be cautious of misleading communications and not pay any fee/ deposit to individuals/ agencies/ employment portals on the pretext of attending Ciena's interview process or seeking employment with us.