$80K — $100K *
What will you do at Ciena?
The Agile Programmable Optical Transport R&D group is responsible for the development of world leading photonic hardware, photonic software and photonic system architecture. Within this group the Autonomous Photonic Networks team is responsible for defining, modelling and verifying the next generation photonic network.
As a member of the Autonomous Photonic Networks team, you will be working in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary group. You will rely on your creativity and diverse range of analytical, engineering and/or physics experience to explore and validate solutions to research and development problems. You will interact with a wide range of research and development teams to advance the Ciena Optical solution portfolio.
In the Autonomous Photonic Networks team you will be responsible for both lab and simulation work covering the following key areas:
• Participate in the validation and development of optical system applications.
• Develop and execute test plans to capture relevant system data to validate the efficacy of the applications.
• Develop a model of the lab system to predict behaviour and performance for future applications.
• Design and/or test products and features for the product portfolio.
• Set-up, maintain, and operate a captive optical link used for data collection
• Analyze and provide guidance on system performance based on measured data
• Model captive link using in-house simulation software to validate both the simulation model and optical hardware performance.
• Participate in customer demos as needed.
Collaboration with stakeholders
• Work with wider teams to define new system software and applications.
• Your contributions will help drive our future features of our photonic systems.
• Understanding of optical systems, components, device physics, error analysis and statistics
• Self-starter with ability to conceive of and accept responsibility for projects and see them through to completion
• Strong critical thinking and critical analysis skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills are essential
• Must be able to work as individual contributor and to contribute as part of a larger team
• Demonstrates creativity
• Detail oriented.
• Experience with Matlab, C/C++ and/or Python an asset
• Familiarity with test equipment (Optical Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, etc) an asset
• Degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering or Mathematics (Post Graduate work in Optics or Numerical Simulation a definite bonus)
Valid through: 11/30/2020
$100K — $150K
6 days ago