As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for working closely with engineering design and company leadership to support all manufacturing efforts and equipment related to building various spaceflight systems.
This includes owning the manufacturing and integration work that is performed on the launch vehicle, as well as delivery and commissioning of the various sub-systems in support of programmatic budgets and schedules. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Responsible for the integration of the hydraulics and mechanical systems for the New Glenn First Stage from initial build flow conception through vehicle integration.
- Determine optimal integration order for integrating the hydraulics and mechanical systems subsystems.
- Provide design for manufacturability and assembly recommendations to decrease cost and integration flow times.
- Determine tooling and equipment required to for hydraulics systems, landing gear, and fin integration.
- Develop and maintain assembly and build schedules.
- Maintain documentation pedigree to support human capable flight.
- Support hardware integration on the floor and troubleshoot issues as they arise throughout the day.
- Develop and implement preventive actions related to discrepancies.
- Use of process mapping, Kaizen, and other tools to dramatically reduce cycle time, defects and waste.
- B.S. degree or higher in Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial Engineering or other relevant field
- 5+ Years of Industry Experience, Internship Experience Applies
- Hands on experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong written, personal, and computer skills.
- This position will require minimum 50% travel. This position will start in Kent, WA and eventually transition to Merritt Island, Fl.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Hands on experience with system proof and leak checks.
- Experience with high pressure and hydraulic systems.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma processes and implementation
- Aerospace/Launch Vehicle experience.
- Experience with safety critical systems.