Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!
Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a New Business Planner to join our New Business Development Group. The New Business Planner will research and identify potential areas of business opportunity and communicate key trends and recommendations.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Create detailed research and analysis within focused market areas including customer trends and preferences. Market analysis would include new technologies, competition, environmental legislation and demographic/economic dynamics. Consumer analysis to include new buying trends, preferences and new usage patterns of current or emerging products.
- Provide project management for assigned initiatives and work closely with the appropriate divisions and team members for effective and successful implementation. Report results and provide updates based on project needs.
- Identify key trends and new business opportunities for Yamaha. Propose promising new product concepts and business proposals based on the company’s long term objectives and analysis of market and consumer trends.
- Coordinate and support new research and projects with Yamaha Japan, internal divisions and external business partners.
- Provide clear communication and reporting of new trends and findings to appropriate management and teams.
- Create effective presentation material to communicate research results, business proposals, project updates to management, etc.
- Minimum of BA or BS degree in business or engineering; Master’s degree in Business Administration is desirable.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a planning or business development function with a well-recognized consumer products company.
- Prior experience in market planning, new product development or market driven R&D is valuable. Experience in planning from the market or customer side is desired with the ability to also handle technical information and issues.
- Ability to understand key trends, create a strategic direction and develop proposals for new products and business opportunities.
- Prior project management experience and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Strong overall business knowledge with the skill to judge the success potential of new concepts.
- Capability to blend the creative thought process with practical business judgment when create strategic proposals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey a clear message to management.
- Team player with the ability to collaborate with others.
- Strong analytical ability and skills including knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, databases. Experience with mTab or similar statistical software is desirable.