What is the opportunity?
As the Onboarding Manager for the New Business Unit you will manage the day-to-day activities of the New Business Unit, partner with Business Development to ensure the new account onboarding process flows smoothly, manage ongoing advisor relationships to maintain exemplary service levels, work towards meeting and surpassing all internal and external audit requirements. and manage the City National Bank(CNB) onboarding process.
What will you do?
- Assist Business Development Team as needed in sales process and work with Business Development Team, COI’s and Clients to gather necessary paperwork to onboard file.
- Organize and present each opportunity to New Business Committee and partner with Trust Administration to ensure each new opportunity can be administered without issue.
- Help set expectations around timing and progress of files and manage legal resources for take-on purposes.
- Ensure fee arrangement is appropriate for the relationship and approved by Head, RBC Trust Delaware when required.
- Ensures all Policies & Procedures are followed in a timely manner and serve as a point of escalation for problem resolution.
- Provide Monthly Metrics for the team.
- Manage team performance including regular reviews, onboarding, training and personal development and other managerial duties in a timely manner and ensure that employees understand the RBC/CNB vision, as well as support and reinforce targeted behaviors that contribute to RBC/CNB goals.
- Provide focus and clarity in establishing individual goals, driving performance management, supporting career development and rewarding strong performance and successfully execute change while supporting employees through the process, and keeping them focused on business priorities.
What do you need to succeed?
- 4 yeardegree in Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent and related experience.
- Internationally recognized professional qualification (e.g., CFTA, TEP).
- 7+ years financial industry experience with 3 of those years in the fiduciary area.
- Trust business experience and knowledge and investment knowledge and experience.
- 1+ year of demonstrated and sound managerial experience leading and managing a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish relationships and effectively interact with all levels of staff and personnel.
- Works well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Organized with strong attention to detail and able to anticipate needs and proactively seek solutions.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Client First: We will always earn the right to be our clients’ first choice
- Collaboration: We win as One RBC
- Accountability: We take ownership for personal and collective high performance
- Diversity & Inclusion: We embrace diversity for innovation and growth
- Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest standards to build trust
Req ID: 146717