You’re a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who’s looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world. This integral member of the Business Development team will report directly to the Executive Director. The primary function of this role is to manage both assigned clients directly and support the overall selling effort with oportunity analyses and follow up. If you enjoy working with clients to influence their business solutions, this job is for you!
We are seeking a proven, quota-carrying sales performer to help us grow our business. You will be responsible for developing and generating sales focused on new accounts for our Food and Beverage organization. Sales are primarily focused on syndicated research, but also some custom consumer market research products and services as well as advanced analytics and modeling. You will report up to the Executive Director, interact with senior management and cross-functional groups including Client Development and Product Management to achieve objectives.
This position will be based in Rosemont, IL.
- Identify, develop, and achieve/exceed revenue objectives for new accounts within assigned portfolio
- Must possess strong prospecting “hunting” skills as well as have a curious and analytical mind in an effort to identify silver bullets in the dataset
- Utilize consultative selling approach to identify business issues and recommend relevant solutions
- Leverage personal sales skills, experiences, and gained knowledge of NPD's Food & Beverage Consumption products to build deeper relationships with assigned client group for insight into specific, high value-add solution opportunities.
- Gain familiarity with clients and their business issues to develop effective working relationships.
- Align NPD’s service and product offerings with client needs through conversations with clients, industry conferences, and events and through development and delivery of presentations, breifings, and proposals
- Prepare client customized sales presentations and proposals by aplying your knowledge of the clients needs with NPD’s information and insights to demonstrate measurable business results.
- Manage all stages of the contract process from data requirements, proposal, through ensuring the analysis meets the clients’ needs.
- Proactively develop new customer contacts, conduct strategic calls, collaborate with Client Develop team to manage account planning, generate leads, participate in customers’ business planning, and coordinate and deliver proposals.
- Develop a rich and healthy sales pipeline, and convert pipeline into recognized revenue.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Food & Beverage Consumption practice, the food & beverage industry and use of SalesForce conforming to NPD’s best practices
- Must have experience in outbound prospecting and closing of new business.
- 3-5+ years of sales experience, with an established track record in B2B consultative solution-sales and achieving monthly sales goals.
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic account planning, cold calling and lead development.
- Experience in a service-oriented business and/or Market Research industry a plus
- Strong analytic ability and eagerness to pull, analyze, and chart data to tell a compelling story
- Solid sales forecasting abilities and revenue achievement, while building satisfied, loyal and referenceable customers
- Experience in consultative selling and prospecting to manufacturers
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong presentation, communication, and follow-up skills.
- Travel ~ 35%
- BA/BS, MBA preferred.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.