Lutheran World Relief (LWR) is a nonprofit organization that helps families in the world's poorest communities build the resilience they need to survive. LWR's mission is to end poverty, injustice and human suffering around the world. LWR's philosophy in relief and development involves building upon the strengths of local organizations. The Strategic Partnerships (SP) unit plays an integral role in supporting the organization by cultivating and maintaining strategic relationships and alliances that are essential for achieving the mission of LWR. These relationships encompass a wide range and number of development partnerships including government agencies, foundations, and corporate donors.
If you are passionate about transforming communities working with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you. LWR seeks a New Business Development (NBD) Manager with a background in international development to support the continued growth of the organization. The NBD Manager plays an integral role in the SP unit's new business development team as well as across the organization.
- Support the day-to-day operations and management of business development
- Manage business development processes, including pipeline, quality review, and collaboration with other divisions
- Support data analysis, reporting, and knowledge management to inform business development strategy and operations
- Conduct long-term and short-term strategic research that informs the growth strategy of the organization
- Manage a database of partners, setting up meetings and facilitating relationship
- Maintain new business files, resources and tools
- Serve on capture and proposal teams (as manager, writer, subs coordinator, recruiter, etc.)
- Support training programs to build the capacity of business development across the unit and the organization
- Deep commitment to LWR's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
- At least three years of experience in international development
- Master's degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrated experience and success in all aspects of capture and proposal processes
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and relationship management skills with excellent writing and computer skills
- Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm, diplomacy, and cultural sensitivity - both individually and as part of a team - and to adjust to shifting priorities
- Fluency in Spanish or French
- Willingness to travel internationally, at least 30% of the time to countries where LWR works
- Please note that, upon hire, employees must provide proof of legal eligibility to work in the United States of America.