We are seeking a talented New Business Development Manager to partner with the Regional Sales Team. This role participates directly with the Regional Sales Managers and VPs to ensure project management of all aspects needed to close deals for CO-OP including pricing, contract, product modifications, implementation requirements, and custom service levels. The incumbent ensures seamless deliver for the prospect of all items to win new clients and revenue for CO-OP. The New Business Development Manager works tightly with Sales, Operations, Vendor Management, Network Implementations, Systems & Support, Marketing, Finance, Legal, and Product.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Initiates, builds, tracks and owns project management tasks associated with sales opportunities in partnership with regional sales team members.
- Drives initiatives to secure closure of new business activities for CO-OP.
- Serves as the point of contact for legal and contracts; coordinates all internal CO-OP parties to drive contract drafts
- Researches, prepares and delivers prospect credit union business highlights including web research, existing business summary, peer statistics, contacts, value proposition, product needs, CO-OP status with service & product.
- Researches prospective vendor exiting platform competitors to understand and suggest sales strategy.
- Originates, manages, and owns pricing requests and contract requests for Debit, Credit, Contact Center, NAO, ATM, Bill Pay and Shared Branch.
- Manages all aspects of deal with Strategic Pricing.
- Works with Regional Sales Managers to deliver items in a timely manner to clients and prospects; manages modifications as needed.
- Validates and modifies Salesforce to drive Sales dashboards and reports.
- Ensures Regional Sales Managers have pipeline and closed business accurately logged in Salesforce reflecting prospecting and closures.
- Acts as a liaison to internal CO-OP departments to prepare and transition business that includes: product, service, implementations, conversions, technical support and marketing.
- Assists in facilitating prospect visits, resources, logistics and delivery including follow up development and execution.
- Attends trade show(s) to understand industry players and landscape translating that knowledge into prospecting and opportunities.
- Assists with addressable market identification, tracking and follow through.
- Facilitates and participates in special requests such as comparisons, interchange analysis, etc.
- Relays value of supporting entire suite of CO-OP products and solutions for net new sales, add-on products and retentions all to retain and grow revenue and clients.
- Prepares and creates sales presentations, contracts, materials, in conjunction with sales team and EMT.
- Collaborates with creation of presentations, proposals, competitive insights for line of business sales.
- Collaborates with CO-OP product, technology, implementation, and marketing teams and act as a liaison to the sales organization.
- Delivers client-focus and industry-savvy messaging in written content.
- Participates in various meetings, conferences, and presentations as directed.
- Analyzes records of present and past sales trends, development costs, estimated and realized revenue commitments.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- College degree plus three to five years of Financial Institution background in finance or sales operations or similar role at a major payment issuing vendor, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Team player with a sense of urgency.
- Project management skills driving execution and follow up.
- Ability to manage and direct activities and resources.
- Excellent software skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to take own initiative with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational and proven execution skills required.
- Good presentation preparation skills and sales background.
- Focus and experience in finance preferred.
- Previous sales, client relations and sale operations experience desirable.
- Five years’ experience in the payments industry preferred