New Brand Research and Insights Sr. Manager on the Gallo Insights and Innovation team is for you. Working as a leader in the C&PI organization bringing new tools and consumer research methodologies to the organization.
What You Will Do-
Understand the Business:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the current wine and spirits portfolio: category, competitors, drivers and weaknesses
- Assist the Insights & Innovation team to generate design territories, evaluate designs and provide refinement direction based on consumer learning. Be an integral part of the Innovation & Insights team delivering market ready brands with clearly defined positioning, branding and visual guidelines.
Be the Consumer Expert:
- Gain a deep understanding of current body of foundational and brand specific research
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to understand all sources of consumer information (including product preferences)
Uncover new opportunities:
- Synthesize data from a wide range of sources (Trends, Scan, Primary segmentation and brand research) to guide New Brand development teams find white space in positioning and product.
- Share learning with existing Brands team to increase knowledge base.
Develop Research Plans:
- Understand New Brand learning objectives and critically evaluate available knowledge, identify areas requiring additional research
- Identify research methodology to best meet learning objectives
- Gain alignment on objectives and methodology with team and senior leadership
- Lead the creation of research plans in collaboration with cross functional partners and external vendors
- Responsible for ensuring accurate consumer definition for all research
- Lead discussion guide development for qualitative research
- For quantitative research create analysis plan, work closely with the internal analytics group on modeling and analysis
- Responsible for synthesizing analyzed data into actionable insights and present to leadership
Continuous Self and Organizational Capability Development:
- Identify new methodologies, vendors and introduce them to Gallo
- Attend seminars, conferences and classes to sharpen analytical and research skills
What You Need-
- Master’s Degree plus 6 years of consumer marketing research and data analysis, experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR Bachelor’s Degree plus 8years of marketing research and data analysis experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience conducting market research for a consumer- driven organization
What Will Set You Apart-
- Alcohol- Beverage industry experience
- Experience with white space exploration, early ideation and new brand development
- Background in creative development/ graphics design, agency side experience (planning, strategy, art direction, copy writing)
- Experience moderating qualitative discussions
- Product development/ sensory sciences/ product testing knowledge.
- Background in Social Sciences