New Brand Research and Insights Manager on the Gallo Insights and Innovation team is for you. Working as a leader in the C&PI organization bringing new tools and consumer research methodologies to the organization.
What You Will Do-
Understand the Business:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the current wine and spirits portfolio: category, competitors, drivers and weaknesses
- Assist the Insights & Innovation team to generate design territories, evaluate designs and provide refinement direction based on consumer learning. Be an integral part of the Innovation & Insights team delivering market ready brands with clearly defined positioning, branding and visual guidelines.
Be the Consumer Expert:
- Gain a deep understanding of current body of foundational and brand specific research
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to understand all sources of consumer information (including product preferences)
Uncover new opportunities:
- Synthesize data from a wide range of sources (Trends, Scan, Primary segmentation and brand research) to guide New Brand development teams find white space in positioning and product.
- Share learning with existing Brands team to increase knowledge base.
Develop Research Plans:
- Understand New Brand learning objectives and critically evaluate available knowledge, identify areas requiring additional research
- Identify research methodology to best meet learning objectives
- Gain alignment on objectives and methodology with team and senior leadership
- Lead the creation of research plans in collaboration with cross functional partners and external vendors
- Responsible for ensuring accurate consumer definition for all research
- Lead discussion guide development for qualitative research
- For quantitative research create analysis plan, work closely with the internal analytics group on modeling and analysis
- Responsible for synthesizing analyzed data into actionable insights and present to leadership
Continuous Self and Organizational Capability Development:
- Identify new methodologies, vendors and introduce them to Gallo
- Attend seminars, conferences and classes to sharpen analytical and research skills
What You Need-
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 6 years of marketing research and data analysis experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR Master of Science degree plus 4 years of marketing research and data analysis experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
- High school diploma or state-issued equivalency certificate
- Experience conducting market research for a consumer-driven organization
What Will Set You Apart-
- Alcohol- Beverage industry experience
- Experience with white space exploration, early ideation and new brand development
- Background in creative development/ graphics design, agency side experience (planning, strategy, art direction, copy writing)
- Experience moderating qualitative discussions
- Product development/ sensory sciences/ product testing knowledge.
- Background in Social Sciences
Job Posting ID: 49404