The New Accounts Supervisor serves as a subject matter expert on new account applications and leads the team to ensure the achievement of the corporate goals for growth, retention and quality service for the department. The scope of this position includes the oversight of the personnel within the department as well as interfacing with all levels of management, various departments, business partners, and bank customers relative the opening of New Accounts and the resolution of pended applications. The Supervisor works with the Manager to ensure all procedures adhere with applicable FCRA regulations, fraud prevention practices and service delivery standards.
- Expert knowledge of the policies, procedures, systems and regulatory requirements of the New Accounts/Pended Application function.
- Monitors, maintains and enhances the activities of the team to ensure that current and prospective customers are satisfied and corporate objectives are being met continually, consistently and efficiently.
- Ensures that customer requests are completed timely, accurately and in accordance with legal, compliance and regulatory requirements with particular focus on the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), FACTA, CIP and OFAC.
- Works closely with partners in Loss Prevention, Product Management, Customer Care Center, Compliance, ECR and BDR to ensure customer service and regulatory requirements are met.
- Leads research and provide recommendations on operational and product initiatives and improvements.
- Works with the Manager in leading the staff to include establishment of goals, guidelines and procedures, training, performance appraisals, coaching and direction.
- Evaluates the quality of the team's performance through the use of personnel observation, job simulation and quality service reviews.
- Ensures that Deposit Operations procedures are current, accurate, and reflective of the responsibility of the team and the Department and are in accordance with legal, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and presents periodic statistical and status reports to management; prepares quantitative and qualitative reports, which track marketplace information.
- Maintains service delivery standards, staff priority scheduling and peak period planning
- Recommends enhancements to support Corporate and Division objectives.
- Interacts directly with Ally Bank customers.
- Bachelor Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in retail bank operations, including management experience or the demonstrated capability for leading and motivating staff.
- Strong knowledge of banking concepts, rules and regulations
- Sound analytical and interpretive skills as well as sound judgment and discretion.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge and ability to utilize mainframe/pc system.
- Ability to recruit, retain and interact with a diverse group of employees.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively process diverse workloads concurrently.
Special skills/abilities/competencies required:
- Strong leadership, planning and decision-making skills.
- Ability to create an environment which motivates a diverse group of staff members
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Sound analytical and interpretive skills and creativity.
- Sound judgment and discretion, including the ability to resolve conflicts effectively.